The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Raided and arrested for selling raw milk, WITHOUT permission :O: (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
Is capitalism a form of governance?

Economics, yes, but governance?


Some people believe so

http://www.importanceofphilosophy.com/Po......ism.html

I'm not sure I completely agree with them. But capitalism plays an important role in many political systems. From Facism to Social Capitalism
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 12:48, Payne wrote:
Quote:
Is capitalism a form of governance?

Economics, yes, but governance?

. . . capitalism plays an important role in many political systems.

No doubt.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 11:48, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
Europe seems to lose several people a year from unpasteurized cheeses. In Europe, I'd say it was worth the risk...but with the health of American beef and poultry, I think the laws are very protective, but necessary.


People die from pasteurized dairy products as well.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5710 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Not from the products having been pasteurized... Unless you consider the acceptance of less flavorful a living death.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 13:25, Tom Cutts wrote:
Not from the products having been pasteurized... Unless you consider the acceptance of less flavorful a living death.


Didn't say it was from the pasteurization. The same way it's not the raw milk that kills people, but what it can get tainted with.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2514 Posts

Profile of critter
Shut up brain, we're staying out of this!
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers


"This I offer in explanation of how it was that I found myself in my undergarments as I sat in my cell attempting to plot my escape."
~Professor Phineas Valeyard, Miskatonic University Dept.of Psychodynamic Natural History.

New Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Valeyard-Magic-Stage-233226717588438/
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
These non-debates are disappointing. Surely you all have more nuanced thoughts on these issues.

For those who believe in regulation (as I do) there are important questions of the extent to which regulation is desirable. Many of gdw's examples do not imply (to me) that all regulation is bad, but they do suggest that often we (as a society) get it wrong. And that is always worthy of intelligent discussion.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 13:44, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
These non-debates are disappointing. Surely you all have more nuanced thoughts on these issues.

For those who believe in regulation (as I do) there are important questions of the extent to which regulation is desirable. Many of gdw's examples do not imply (to me) that all regulation is bad, but they do suggest that often we (as a society) get it wrong. And that is always worthy of intelligent discussion.

John


I agree. John, I actually do NOT think all regulation is bad. I actually support the idea of standards and regulations. What I don't support is enforcing them at the point of a gun, and with locking people in cages, and having a monopoly, which is hugely open to lobbying and corruption, running such regulations, and being used by larger corporations to regulate out competition from smaller businesses.

Like so:
http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/49834/group/homepage/
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5710 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 13:31, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 13:25, Tom Cutts wrote:
Not from the products having been pasteurized... Unless you consider the acceptance of less flavorful a living death.


Didn't say it was from the pasteurization. The same way it's not the raw milk that kills people, but what it can get tainted with.
The problem with your line of thought is the raw milk became tainted because it was not pasteurized and/or it was handled improperly... Which makes the argument for either monitoring handling or requiring a process, pasteurization, which great reduces the chance of food poisoning. The folks who you are championing here simply refuse to monitoring of their handling. Rather than take legal challenge in the courts, they choose to trudge headlong against the law, time after time. You'll never guess what the outcome is.

I find it interesting you support killing in the name of profit, but not monopolizing in the name of profit.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1171 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 13:45, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 13:44, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
These non-debates are disappointing. Surely you all have more nuanced thoughts on these issues.

For those who believe in regulation (as I do) there are important questions of the extent to which regulation is desirable. Many of gdw's examples do not imply (to me) that all regulation is bad, but they do suggest that often we (as a society) get it wrong. And that is always worthy of intelligent discussion.

John


I agree. John, I actually do NOT think all regulation is bad. I actually support the idea of standards and regulations. What I don't support is enforcing them at the point of a gun, and with locking people in cages, and having a monopoly, which is hugely open to lobbying and corruption, running such regulations, and being used by larger corporations to regulate out competition from smaller businesses.

Like so:
http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/49834/group/homepage/


How do you support enforcing them?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 14:08, Tom Cutts wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 13:31, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 13:25, Tom Cutts wrote:
Not from the products having been pasteurized... Unless you consider the acceptance of less flavorful a living death.


Didn't say it was from the pasteurization. The same way it's not the raw milk that kills people, but what it can get tainted with.
The problem with your line of thought is the raw milk became tainted because it was not pasteurized and/or it was handled improperly... Which makes the argument for either monitoring handling or requiring a process, pasteurization, which great reduces the chance of food poisoning. The folks who you are championing here simply refuse to monitoring of their handling. Rather than take legal challenge in the courts, they choose to trudge headlong against the law, time after time. You'll never guess what the outcome is.

I find it interesting you support killing in the name of profit, but not monopolizing in the name of profit.


Where is anything said about refusing any monitoring or proper handling of the milk?

"milk became tainted because it was . . . handled improperly" Yes, the exact same way that pasteurized milk can, and does, ALSO become tainted.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
And enough with the "support killing."

I support letting people be able to choose for themselves.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5710 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Including letting companies kill their customers and or employees in the name of profits. The free choice will fix it all!

So, an entire hour and you haven't posted a link to a story about pasteurized products killing people. You're losing your touch.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
As I get older, I agree with Tom a bit more.... (on some ideas)
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!



"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 14:15, gdw wrote:

I support letting people be able to choose for themselves.



And when I contract tuberculosis from someone who got it from drinking raw milk how is that choosing for myself?
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 14:44, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 14:15, gdw wrote:

I support letting people be able to choose for themselves.



And when I contract tuberculosis from someone who got it from drinking raw milk how is that choosing for myself?


There is something fallacious in this, but I can't quite put it into words. Perhaps someone else can.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 14:55, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 14:44, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 14:15, gdw wrote:
I support letting people be able to choose for themselves.

And when I contract tuberculosis from someone who got it from drinking raw milk how is that choosing for myself?

There is something fallacious in this, but I can't quite put it into words. Perhaps someone else can.

Payne could have chosen not to kiss anyone. He knew the job was dangerous when he took it.

;)
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5710 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 14:44, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 14:15, gdw wrote:

I support letting people be able to choose for themselves.



And when I contract tuberculosis from someone who got it from drinking raw milk how is that choosing for myself?
You have caught on to his evil mastermind plan of solving the myth of over population by killing off those who willingly or even unknowingly engage in dangerous activities like buying milk and spinach, choking each other during sex, or now even kissing it appears.

Racist, sexist, and now kissist. Quickly, to the shuttle pods. Utopia is imploding!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
"unknowingly engage in dangerous activities like buying milk and spinach,"
So dangerous apparently you need men with guns to come in and keep you safe, from FOOD, RUN AWAY!!!!!
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5710 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
When six people die you'll be complaining about that too. (Even though you claim to support killing for profit.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Raided and arrested for selling raw milk, WITHOUT permission :O: (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL