The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The United States has lost its AAA credit rating (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Monday

Dow Jones
-5.55%

Gold Reaches $1719.58
+55.79 (+3.35%)
Aug 8, 2011 04:35 PM EST
4PM CLOSE:1663.79 +16.14

Tuesday?

2012? Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Thank GOD nobody was dumb enough to listen to your gold tip tommy.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Unfortunately, no gold tip can help those who couldn't afford to buy gold in the first place.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Oddly enough, though, the downgraded treasury bonds are up while all the stocks are down.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-08-08 17:06, critter wrote:
Unfortunately, no gold tip can help those who couldn't afford to buy gold in the first place.

True.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
However, I do wish I'd done more gold panning when I lived in Idaho. Smile
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I think Ben might get up in the morning and print more money and we might see a rally perhaps. Pulling that rabbit out of the hat again is just going to make things worse in the long run. Still there might be a short term buying chance here today maybe.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Not much detail on the axes, but here's the Dow Jones over the past 5 years

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Monday marked the largest ever single-day increase for gold and its still going up quickly as I speak. It seems to me very unusual to see gold move like this in the night time. I wonder what it means? Is cash collapsing perhaps?

$1760.17
+40.62 (+2.36%)
Aug 9, 2011 12:13 AM EST

I can't keep up its just hit $1770

Hang on its eased off a bit Smile

Tommy
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Folks the "cash" is still out there. It's just being held onto as is always the case in uncertain times. Gold is experiencing a bubble at this time. Whenever you have stocks going down when it is NO FAULT of the Company itself you are looking at a wonderful time to get a stock at a low price. This downturn in the Market will make a lot of people in the know very rich. The opposite of course is true for those who are JUST NOW starting to get into gold. But my friends this is the nature of the Stock Market. When you sell your stocks at a loss you lock in that loss. I can honestly say I wish I had some spare money around I'd love to get into the Market at this time. But I chose to pay down debt (which is always wise) and there went my extra money. But look at history when stocks are down people move to safer havens such as gold and silver. What is interesting is the money that went into US Treasury Bonds. There is a term called "Shaking out" that you will here money experts talk about. This is compared to a heart beat. You have blood pumped in to the heart (people buying stocks) and you have blood pumped out of the heart (People selling stocks) it takes BOTH of these events to happen for a healthy heart (and healthy Market).

Good magic to all,

Eric
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Folks the "cash" is still out there don't worry. Smile

The problem is not that the cash is not out there. The problem is there is too much of it out there. You will be walking about with barrow loads of it soon if Ben don't stop printing it. The problem is the price of things will have gone up.

Tommy
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Yes and people will decide if they will pay the high price or continue to shop at lets say Walmart. History again as an indicator will show they will shop at Walmart. People WILL spend high for electronics and the such as a new product comes out. The smart stores will run sales and the ones that will go out of business will keep high prices and not move their products. That is Capitalism at work. Those who do not learn from the past are destined to repeat it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The United States has lost its AAA credit rating (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL