The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New offering-Fate & Freewill Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
I did a video a couple of weeks ago about a release that was upcoming. The item is out now. Chris Deleo made an awesome video for it. I am really in awe of his work. I think everyone would enjoy it. Check out the video:

http://youtu.be/lEIDZSSE17o
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Sexy, wicked and alluring. Fabulous video!

Jorey
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Beautiful both video and effect!
Great job folks!
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of guyactor
Paul, I've tried sending an email through your site, but I can ask here. Is this available now?

Thanks.
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
Yep it is available. Why was the post moved? I was sharing a video. No links to websites, prices, etc...
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Looks very spooky
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
jerome96114
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of jerome96114
Nice Smile
Gandalf the Wizard
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Gandalf the Wizard
The effect and the video are great, congratulations Paul!
innermind
View Profile
Regular user
suburban Detroit
154 Posts

Profile of innermind
Very cool!

David
"Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else." -Will Rogers
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Okay. Maybe it's just me. I like the video...and it is entirely possible that I am being distracted by lovely green eyes. But I have no idea what this effect is. How does spinning a coin eliminate four tarot suits...or am I missing the boat?

The props look wonderful, as all of Paul's stuff does...I just don't "get" the effect.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2011-08-09 09:40, David Thiel wrote:
Okay. Maybe it's just me. I like the video...and it is entirely possible that I am being distracted by lovely green eyes. But I have no idea what this effect is. How does spinning a coin eliminate four tarot suits...or am I missing the boat?

The props look wonderful, as all of Paul's stuff does...I just don't "get" the effect.

David

not just you david, I was going to mention it, but thought I'd wait a bit for someone else to be the bad guy lol Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
I should probably allow Paul to speak here, but the film shows a girl who appears to have had no choice in the outcome of a four card tarot spread. Suffice it to say, the method will take you there.

We went for a darker mood because this is our sensibility. I'm sure the routine can be played light, or in any number of ways. The overall point is, your spectator will be left with the idea that their choices may have been predetermined

Hope that clears things up
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
Here are details from my website:

In a test of fate and free will the spectator makes a series of choices. At the end, it is revealed that maybe their choices were all for naught as the fortuneteller knew what was going to happen all along. This is the brief description of the routine, and in fact, the routine can be very brief, or you can use it to build your cold reading skills, or use those you already have and perform a longer routine. Additionally, you can choose to give your spectator a blessing as part of the routine.

The basic routine consists of a discussion about fate and free will and the fortune teller can engage the sitter in a discussion as to their beliefs, if he would like. The sitter eliminates a set of tarot suits either through an open choice or a flip of a coin and it leads the parties to discuss the meaning of what is revealed by that elimination. This is the exploration of fate.

Next, the fortune teller removes four tarot cards. The sitter is allowed to choose one of the suits as the one most applicable to him or her. This decision is discussed and the fortune teller can provide insight or direction. The fortune teller then reveals that he knew all along that this would be the choice.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I received this yesterday and it is another very elegant Paul Prater dark packet effect.
Included is an aged envelope with art work and a pentagram wax seal...a very nice touch that.
Four well made gimmicked tarot cards.
A hand struck pewter coin or rather a magic talisman...that might actually have real powers.
A vial of oil that increases your psychic awareness...smells quite nice and again...might actually have real powers.
You never know...

Once again Paul sets the bar with his beautifully printed instructions full of Paul's enlightening philosophical meanderings and a respectful nod to Phil Goldstein.

This is a nice product for those who can sell the tarot cards vibe...and you know who you are Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New offering-Fate & Freewill Video (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL