The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Large stage Bizarre show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
veegates
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of veegates
""""As for what the audience feels or thinks with the person on stage, consider this: Does a sport fan feel like they have won or lost a game even though they didn't actually play it? There is something about nationalism type things that connect us to the event even though we don't actively participate in it. When my football team wins, I feel like I have won.""""

Now that is something I can get my head around (especially with pre-season football starting this week)
Very well put!!
It is not "Honey, I shrunk the kids" you have to think more like "Honey, I blew up the baby"
Thank you very much!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3321 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Veegates, thanks for your kind words. I leave this blessing in return: "May the final kiss of death linger sweetly on your cold, dead lips."

'til death us do part',
Willie
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2011-08-07 09:10, weepinwil wrote:
I did an outside street bizarre show for the past 2 years. The stage is not huge but the audience level has reached an estimated 250-350 per show in the street. I usually do it during Halloween for 2 nights (3 last year) and perform 2 shows a night. The street is blocked off from traffic so the place is full of people. People in line for a haunted house can still see the show and if you counted them you could easily add another 150 to the count per show. The method requires that your props be large enough to be seen by the size of the crowd, you exaggerate your movements (like pro wrestlers do when they wind up to throw a punch so the people in the back can see, and involve the audience members when possible. Would such a show work any time of the year? I doubt it. The Halloween season seems to be the drawing card for the street venue.

Until I left Birmingham last year, for 10 years I performed an outdoor stage show running the whole month of October. It was in connection with a large Halloween haunted trail, and our show was part of the entertainment in the midway. We would run 2-3 shows a night, with crowds averaging per show what Weepinwil's did, although on the prime nights we'd see audiences as large as about 1000 people. You'd have some off nights due to really bad weather, but it was a very successful venue for bizarre stage.

The show was a combination of illusion and sideshow, but many of our segments would be considered bizarrist by nature... vampire impalement devices, onstage murders, cremations, dismemberments, conjuring demons and other hellish minions, etc. We gave everything a dark theme, of course, but usually tweaked it with some dark humor, as well, like a demented hunchback poking a stick at a headless living body. (Mmmmm, fun! Smile )

I'm convinced the shows we did would play any time of year besides Halloween, but the season was natural for it.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Not to sound like I'm pitching...I have one on Let's Make a Deal.
Paul Osborne has a book of illusions for stage.
'Paul Osborne's Haunted Illusions' has about 27 illusion plans for Theme Parks,Haunted Houses,Walk Throughs,Halloween Festivals & Stage Shows.
There is some good plans that you could make your routine to match up.More to the spooky.
Check it out...google and you can get some more info on book.
I would review the sizes of plans...think they are made more for a smaller assistant !
If this is to much information,Mods please remove !!!

-G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
veegates
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of veegates
Hellish minions. impalement devices and of course...demented hunchbacks poking at dead things with sharp sticks...ah yes, I miss the good old days!! Thanks to all for the lists of books to check out. Seems as if my very modest library will grow a bit.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3006 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On 2011-08-06 19:35, TH1 wrote:
Neil Tobin's Supernatural Chicago

Thanks for thinking of me!

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Neil, my Daughter is in Chicago all week,arriving this afternoon.
I have been trying to get her to go to your show,but she has traveled alone for training. She is one of those that does not like to attend things by herself. I may be able to convince her through the week!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3006 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Godzilla: Do let me know if she decides to attend. And thanks so much for spreading the word!

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Large stage Bizarre show (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL