The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Favorite Tenor (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
379 Posts

Profile of Vincero
Lanza had a lot of potential, some of his earlier recordings are very good. He did overplay some of them a tad though. Joseph Schmidt has a wonderful tenor voice. He's very underated in my opinion. His voice is exceptionally warm, and perfect for lied. There's a youtube video of him hitting a high C#, good stuff.

Zac
"Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell; And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On 2011-08-13 18:10, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Gotta say, I've never thought much of Lanza. His performances always strike me as hammy and sentimental.

John

What I've always liked about both Mario Lanza and Mario Del Monaco is that didn't hold back, you got all they had. Watching them sing, you could tell that they loved it.

And, it's a shame that Joseph Schmidt didn't survive the war. He certainly proved that you don't have to be a big man to have a big voice.
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
379 Posts

Profile of Vincero
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I'm my favourite tenor.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
379 Posts

Profile of Vincero
Videos?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Favorite Tenor (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL