The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Whereabouts of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I haven't seen any posting from him since late last year, and I am wondering what happened to him...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Geez, looking back over the this forum I can see why Dan might have chilled on posting here.

Here's a situation where you have a true expert (Dan)......a genuine professional in the audio field offering up priceless advice on various questions and topics......and we then get a bunch of guys who are obviously anything but experts providing dissenting opinions!
........or worse, not listening at all!

In reading the older posts in this forum today, it becomes painfully obvious that there are many posting to this forum who believe that, because they've purchased a small audio system, they're somehow now "experts" on audio.
Here's the scoop.......95% of you doing the posting and offering up advice are not audio experts, and most of you don't know how to listen when a real expert speaks.

I'm not sure anybody here actually deserves Dan's sage wisdom..........but I suspect that, based on the general and consistent kindness offered up in his previous posts, Dan will respond to those truly needing (and willing to listen to) his advice.
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
793 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Hello, gents!
I just recieved a Google Alert that you'd mentioned me, so I popped in to check it out.

Yes, the Magic Café can be a lot of fun, and can also be frustrating. I haven't been checking in very much, partly due to frustration, and partly due to time. I've been an audio professional for over 30 years (that's my career), I'm doing very well as a part-time musician, I'm a magic hobbyist, I'm a support group facilitator at a large addiction/mental helath centre, I do graphic & web site design, and I'm a counsellor/instructor at the Sorcerers Safari Magic Camp. I do pop in to The Café once in a while, to see if there's anything I can offer, but it's certainly been tough with how busy I've been. I will still be checking in from time to time.
Cheers from Toronto!
Dan McLean Jr
www.MagicRoadie.com
"Taking the mystery out of stage technology!"
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Dan,

Thanks for "popping in". I have always enjoyed and appreciated your insight and experience, and I often refer to your posts for advice. Since I hadn't seen you in a while, I was just hoping everything was okay.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1948 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Dan - I greatly miss your contributions to TMC. Many of the decisions I made on purchasing sound equipment were based on your recommendations.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Whereabouts of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL