The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins Across on Edge (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I just saw someone do “Coins Across on Edge” last week and loved it. I think it's so much greater than the “coins across” that I do, where you push the coins into your closed fist. I know this routine is in Roth's book, but I also heard there is a lot of coin box work in the book, which doesn't interest me at this time. Is there another source for this great routine? Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Other than Roth's book the only other book that I know of that has a lot of coins across routines and also the “Coins Across on Edge” would be "Coin Magic" by Richard Kaufman. The book is out of print but you might have some luck checking around the Café (Check the forum for selling and trading stuff.) to see if anyone has it, or checking ebay; you might get lucky there too. I hope this helps.
-Bill
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There are a few edge grip items in Apoclypse, David Roth's original, and some others, including something of mine. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Don't forget Kainoa's new book "Coins on Edge."
It’s sure to be a classic.

best
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thank you, Bill, Jon, and Joe. I will look into those sources. I appreciate it.
Best,
Jim

By the way, do any of you guys do the coins across on edge routine? How do you like it?
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
dave s
View Profile
New user
new york
87 Posts

Profile of dave s
JamesinLa,

Is the actual name of the routine, "coins on edge"? I have the Kaufman Coin Magic book and don't remember an effect with that title. (Then again, it's been a while since I read the book.)
Jgriff
View Profile
Regular user
Milwaukee, WI
144 Posts

Profile of Jgriff
In the Roth book there is an effect called "Winged Silver on Edge." That might be the correct name, I couldn't tell you the description, as I don't own the book yet.
Jeremy Griffin
"Rough and Smooth Forever" - Jay Sankey
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Jim,

I personally don't do the effect, however I have recently started to look into the effect more. So I may just start working on it, I'll have to let you know.

Dave S,

In Roth's book it is called, "Winged Silver on Edge," however in the Coin Magic book it is under the title, "High Flying Winged Silver." Not exactly positive if the handling is the same for each I'll have to look into it.

-Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins Across on Edge (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL