We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The Multiplying Martini Bottles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
Hey Guys,
Would you say that it is a good idea to perform the Multiplying Martini Bottles on the streets (I am talkin about performing an act on the streets - not David Blaine walk about style street magic) or is it too big. I thought it would make quite a good finale.

What is your opinion????
Thanks, Smile Smile Smile
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
I perform a variation of this effect in my own act. I use shot glasses instead of martini glasses, and it seems to play well with people. As long as you have fun with it, I'm sure other people will too. You can check out my routine below.

RT
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
While it would, indeed, make a great closer, I think it would be a little risky to do at such close range.
The differing sizes of the bottles would be apparent, as would the fact that they are not glass.
And the audience is too close to easily prevent them from grabbing the props.
But, if you can find a way around these problems, then go for it.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
KirbyC
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
8 Posts

Profile of KirbyC
I read your sig and noticed it said "YOUNG CLOSE-UP MAGICIAN OF THE YEAR 2001-2002". I'm 16, and it seems quite unnatural to me to have a young person (under 18) doing tricks with alcohol paraphenalia, sort of like when a 15 year old does cigarette manips. Just a thought, but do what suits you I guess.
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Drinking laws are different in the UK.
If it plays big, play it really big.

Remember spread out your crowd a bit for your finish, give yourself space,

this will:

1. Give you the space you need between you and your audience to pull it off, and...

2. Gives you a larger front row, more people can see you. Most of your tips will come from the front row so the bigger the better (within reason of course)

I like to see bigger stuff on the street. It makes magic "real".
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
J_C
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
59 Posts

Profile of J_C
In case you were wondering, the UK laws state:
18 to drink alcohol
16 to smoke tobacco
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
I agree with Peter, I would suggest you don't use it on the street. The bottles are a great target for the yobs we get on British streets. People would be close enough to see they are not real bottles and resetting would be a problem if people are about.

Plus it was exposed by Tommy Cooper on the 50 Greatest Magic Tricks the other night. He finished by lifting two bottles straight off two glasses.

To be honest I don't think this trick fools many anyway. They look on it as a comical sketch and see it as being entertaining in that respect. I think magicians are kidding themselves with this effect.

With some sets you are able to pour a drink from one bottle, which may throw a few people off track, but I've never seen anyone do that! Smile

Paul Hallas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The Multiplying Martini Bottles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL