We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 1. Cirque du Soleil SUCKS. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Many of us said we like it.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2011-08-14 19:42, critter wrote:
Many of us said we like it.

I wasn't talking about you, then...

:P
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5043 Posts

Profile of landmark
I've seen them twice and both were awful.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Pat McGuire, Greg Kennedy, and the great Anthony Gatto are all employed by Cirque du Soleil, and I firmly believe that all jugglers should support their art. The rest of you complaiers can kiss my ***
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow you get more cranky and incoherant every post LOL.

In truth Al, most of the new Cirque offerings people are speaking of don't exactly employ a juggler anyhow. Ka, and Mystere for example have no jugglers, and I do not think that "O" does either. But keep talking it is what you do best.

"KA" is a phenomenal production on every level but story. It has a pretty interesting voice over to start, and then you can sort of follow the twins. It is as coherant a story as you get out of most of the shows. But the show is like a friend of mine described. "It is dreaming in 3D". I agree. The arrow wall scene is breathtaking. The final wheel of death sequence is unreal. (I know the people who do it so I am biased. But I tell you this. 2 teams have lost people attempting to knock it off.)

We saw KA a couple of times. Once from the private booth upstairs by the lights and the other times in the audience. Much better experience in the audience for me. I tell you what Cirque' knows how to do well. What they lack in story, they make up for in arena. You step in and your sense of arrival is just phenomenal. You are lost in their world. It is second to none. They make it an experience, not a show.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I've seen a few Cirque shows when they were shown on television and saw La Nouba twice when I was working for Disney. Count me in as a fan. I'm kicking myself for not going to see Ka while I was in Vegas earlier this year, but it will definitely be the first thing I book on my next trip (after air and hotel, of course).
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6785 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Guy la liberte is not a billionaire because the show "sucks". (how crude)
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Lots of monied people put money into things they like, but whose appeal is generally...not general among the general public Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 1. Cirque du Soleil SUCKS. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.5 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL