We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Good sleight of hand DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
I am just getting into coin magic and could use a really good training tool to learn some good sleights. Any recommendations?
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Wes
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4183 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
The Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights. Three volumes, over 100 coin moves, many not found anywhere else, on all phases of coin magic.
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
HenrikHyldig
View Profile
New user
From the land of Denmark I bring you
71 Posts

Profile of HenrikHyldig
A few good coin dvd's

Eric Jones: Metal
Michael Ammar: Complete Intro to Coin Magic
Ben Salinas: Modern Coin Magic

are all great dvd's I have all of them, and they all have a unique way to explain the slieght of hand. I haven't seen Dr. Michael Rubinstein's dvd's yet, but they are next on my to buy list...
-o- Henrik Hyldig -o-

()()
('.') < My magic bunny (Be careful! He bites)
(")(")
KingNothing
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of KingNothing
How has Bobo not been mentioned yet?
It was one of the first magic books I got, recommended to me as a beginner. It's what I learned on.
It is now dog-eared, worn at the corners, and discolored in places. It remains the magic book I refer to most often.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-08-19 10:55, KingNothing wrote:
How has Bobo not been mentioned yet?
It was one of the first magic books I got, recommended to me as a beginner. It's what I learned on.
It is now dog-eared, worn at the corners, and discolored in places. It remains the magic book I refer to most often.

Because the original post asked for DVDs...

You are right though: As far as books go, Modern Coin Magic by Bobo and also, Expert Coin Magic by David Roth, are two of the best.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6022 Posts

Profile of motown
David Stone's two coin DVDs are worth looking into.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
I love the David Stone DVDs but some of the material may be too difficult for some beginners.
KingNothing
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of KingNothing
Huh. For some reason my post got deleted.
Very odd, it was on topic, and in no way confrontational.

Welp, let's try again.
Bobo's modern coin magic has been turned into a four volume dvd set, it sells on penguin for $70.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I would recommend Metal by Eric Jones.
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
967 Posts

Profile of algebraic
The Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights is the way to go. Dr. Rubinstein does a great job teaching. This is the set of dvds that I reference whenever I need/want to look at a particular sleight. Everything you'll ever need to be shown/taught is here. It's a great learning set.

Also, Dr. Rubinstein is a member of The Magic Café and has shown over the years that he's more than willing to help those who ask. He's a class act and a GREAT addition to The Magic Café.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2011-08-20 09:52, algebraic wrote:
The Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights is the way to go. Dr. Rubinstein does a great job teaching. This is the set of dvds that I reference whenever I need/want to look at a particular sleight. Everything you'll ever need to be shown/taught is here. It's a great learning set.

Also, Dr. Rubinstein is a member of The Magic Caf� and has shown over the years that he's more than willing to help those who ask. He's a class act and a GREAT addition to The Magic Caf�.

100% agree! Also remember the New York Coin Magic Seminar Series as well! Although The Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights is a must, you should also have Knockout Coin Magic by Dr. Rubinstein! It shows his sleights "in action", if you will.

Go here to get The New York Coin Magic Seminar Series:

http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/

and here to get the The Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights:

http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/Rubinstein.htm

And while you're there, scroll down and check out FUSION. That's one of my favorite coin effects! Smile

Doug
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8882 Posts

Profile of Mb217
There are so many good places nowadays to find this information, many have been mentioned here over and over again like Bobo's New Modern Coin Magic book that was put into DVD form featuring magician Ben Salinas. And check Ben here on the Café if you're a beginner, he might still have a real bargain on his Modern Coin Magic 4 DVD set, PM him here and tell him Mb sentcha. Smile

I would also suggest at an inexpensive DVD, Michael Ammar's Complete IntrodDuction to Coin Magic. It's pretty complete and won't cost you much but teach you a lot and give you the tools to know and do even more. Smile

I was wondering in these magic clubs do they offer classes that go over the basics or help one Tto improve from wherever they are in this stuff? Personally I think having a mentor would help immensely. I never had one butncan see how having someone help you with this stuff would make things much more clear, more quickly. It would still all take good practice to make stuff work right but it all would sure help in better understanding. Wish I had a mentor, even moreso than a book or DVD. Though I admit the more information available the better.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4859 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I don't know about Most Places, But I have been giving Magic Classes For like 25-30 years! Smile

And it really is so much more Easy With a Good teacher!
Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
I second what David Neighbors said... you can learn anything if you have a good teacher..

MaGically,
KASRANI
peace, love and kindness.. no terms and conditions

1001 Magic Nights Blog
www.kasrani1.wordpress.com

http://www.kasrani.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Good sleight of hand DVD? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL