The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Signed bill to..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
I am looking to find a good way of making a banknote vanish and reappear somewhere else. Can anybody give me any ideas?

Thanks,
Templemagic

p.s. I would like the note to be signed rather than having the serial number written down - to me it is stronger that way.
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
stevenking
View Profile
New user
Cleveland, England
61 Posts

Profile of stevenking
I have posted this in another thread (may be on bill in lemon?) but in answer to your question ...

Carl Cloutiers Signed Bill in Kiwi fruit is the effect which would fit the bill. Available on one of his International Magic Lecture tapes.

For just the vanish of a bank note, Jon Cornelius uses a rolled up peice of flash paper ... you figure out the rest Smile

Regards

Steven King
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
Michael Ammar's "Bill in Nut" could possibly fit this 'Bill' (punn intended)

Bill in Lemon is great too.

I do a 'Bill in Cigarette (but with the hex on smoking these days, I haven't performed it for a few months. How about a signed bill in a sugar packet? Or maybe a signed bill in a real egg (I've only performed that effect four times... took to much to prepare the egg... but boy was it cool!)

Michael Ammar's Bill Pinned To The Back of His Coat is truly a real winner!!

Just some ideas,
- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
Thanks for the ideas guys but can anyone tell me where to learn the signed bill in nut or the pinned to the back of the jacket one???
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
stevenking
View Profile
New user
Cleveland, England
61 Posts

Profile of stevenking
The bill in nut appears as 'Teleportation' in Karl Fulves Self Working Mental Magic if I remember rightly. The problem with the Ammar version is that the smallest denomination bill in the UK is Ł5, and therefore could turn out expensive! ... also don't think the notes can be signed.

The note pinned to the back of the jacket appears in Ammars lecture notes (probably available off his website???) again ... didn't think the note could be signed (may be just my bad memory???)

Kind Regards

Steven King
http://www.steven-king.co.uk
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I just use a TT and pretend to take signed bills out of dinner rolls or out of my back pocket. Looks very clean and magical when I use my TT. Smile Hope this helps
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2002-04-28 10:15, templemagic wrote:
Thanks for the ideas guys but can anyone tell me where to learn the signed bill in nut or the pinned to the back of the jacket one???

They are both in Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Money Miracles video series.

Dan
Click to visit:
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2002-04-28 10:11, Troy Tinnean wrote:
Michael Ammar's "Bill in Nut" could possibly fit this 'Bill' (punn intended)
[...]

Actually, this routine uses "Grant's Million Dollar Miracle" (bill to impossible location) - which I think can be found in Tarbell. It's performed with TWO borrowed bills and the bills CANNOT be signed, since one of them is switched out during the routine.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
615 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
I like "Billoon" by Mark Jenest. The effect is:

1) the balloon is inflated
2) the bill is signed
3) the signed bill falls out of the balloon when it's popped.

I usually put 5-10 minutes or so of business (other effects, etc.) between the three sections above.

Plays BIG.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Greenshock
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, Canada
149 Posts

Profile of Greenshock
Hey Guys,
I'm just putting the finishing touches on my bill-to-nose routine. Hey Geoff, that thing in your hand is still scaring the s#!t out of me, what is it?
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
To Coolmoney84;

Your advice for the TT thing works great. On numerous occassions, I've had the borrowed bill, miraculously return itself to the specator's coin or money purse, and I make a comment like, "Guess I'm not as good of a pick-pocket as I thought!"
You absolutely CAN'T beat the reation this gets from the spectator!! This seems IMPOSSIBLE to them. It literally makes their eyes pop, and their jaws drop!! Remember, they see your hands 'unmistakably' empty, as you produce the borrowed bill, from THEIR coin purse. It's utterly awesome!!!

- - Troy Smile

Michael Ammar's 'Pinned' (Bill pinned to the back of your coat: Michael Ammar's Easy To Master Money Miracles) is a very strong piece of magic. No, the bill cannot be signed, but, he does have the serial number written down.

One of the drawbacks to this effect, is that it does take a bit to prepare for the effect but the audience reations, are well worth the preparations!! The ending, catches the audience COMPLETELY off guard. And, the audience members can un-pin the bill from your coat.

- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
615 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Quote:
On 2002-04-29 15:44, Greenshock wrote:
Hey Geoff, that thing in your hand is still scaring the s#!t out of me, what is it?

It's my little alien friend Carl who makes an occasional appearance (and then disappearance) in my restaurant strolling gig.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
There is a new trick (new to me) out on the market called "Astonish"mints.. by Shawn Ingram, it has a nifty way to have a signed card appear inside of a Mint box when you
never go near it, it says you can substitute
a signed bill for the card.. I have not done it yet, I have not had enough practice to perform it comfortably yet either. BUT,
I can vouch, it has a pretty strong effect
for after seeing it presented at Magicland in Dallas,Tx, I had to have it.
fairly simple to do as well....
hope this helps
Tom Defrange Smile
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Richard Sanders has an effect called Cramped.
You take a marker out and let a spectator sign a bill with it. The marker stays on the table in full view. You take the bill and vanish it in your hands. You then pick up the marker on the table, open the cap, and pull the signed bill out! Or you can let the spectator pull the bill out! Very clever method, you'll be surprised how it is accomplished. This effect can be used to frame any other effect. The marker and cap are ordinary. Found in "Close Up Assassin".
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1454 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I second billoon. I haven't done it in a while, but it always got great reactions. It is worth getting this trick for Jennest's Miracles While You Wait video. Some good stuff on that video and it's only $20.

The T.T. is a versatile prop for this (as was mentioned) and you can make the bill appear almost anywhere. Just pull the bill out with one hand as you re-acquire the T.T. with the other.

Also, John Kennedy now has a Mystery Box out that can be used for reappearing a bill inside the box.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I was thinking that you could use a tin of "Ice breaker" mints. The tin has two openings, a small one & a large one that you could load the bill into quite easily in your pocket.

Smile Just an idea
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1454 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Diamond Jim Tyler sells Shawn Ingram's Astonishmints which is a tin of mints specifically altered to do a signed card to tin. With the way the gimmick is constructed, one could easily modify it to use a bill instead of a card. Actually, any paper object like a card or bill could be used. So Astonishments is another option to consider.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6173 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
At a barbecue I was asked to perform... I didn't have anything on me, but my trusty TT. After a few effects with the host's deck, I got someone to sign a bill then I made it vanish. I pointed to the bun tray and had some one take a bun and smash it into a ball. He handed me the bread ball and I poked inside of it and removed the signed bill. I think that got a reaction.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1079 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Has anybody seen Tom Mullica's effect Bill IS Cigarette? It's not a smoking routine, you never light the cigarette, but after putting a cigarette in your mouth and vanishing the card, they look up and it's their bill rolled up and sticking out of your mouth!

Oops, I think the effect is called Card IS Cigarette (not bill) on the second volume of his cigarette magic videos, although I have not seen this.
daaaave
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of daaaave
Richard Sander's Cramped is great. I think it's on the Richard Sander's Show DVD set. It resets instantly and can be done with a signed bill!! Great for table-hopping!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Signed bill to..... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL