The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Signed bill to..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
I worked out a routine in which a signed bill vanishes and appears inside your business card.
It was intended for street workers. It used flash paper and lots of glitz.
As the routine matured it became a simple practicle routine.
Unfortunately it is in a new lecture I just developed.
I have been getting requests to lecture here and there and did not want to go over the stuff in my DVD's. I can't see lecturing on material half the audience already knows. So, I worked up a bunch of new stuff. The bill to business card is one of the brainstorm ideas.
It can all fit in a business envelope. Even the resets.
Sorry I can't say more.
Al Schneider
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
carddealer69
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of carddealer69
Signed bill to under dentures.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I thought the Hofzinser thing is pretty good for most small or easily folded objects.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Magic-FX
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Magic-FX
The Bill to... That I have been using for sometime now is "The Heat is On" I think I got it from JB Magic in Blackpool.

The effect is fairly simple, you burn the note and it reappears inside the lighter, unharmed of course. Its a very modern feeling effect for the audiences (well so I have been told) and seems to go down a lot better than a standard bill tube.

Maybe worth a look. It is ideal for the stroller!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
My routine for signed bill to.. can be found in joe cole's "MicroEconomics".
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Michael M
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
87 Posts

Profile of Michael M
Tim Ellis's 'Bill To Anything' from his Ellis in Wonderland DVD is one of, if not the best versions of this effect in my opinion. The bill is signed, serial number noted, and a piece is given to the spectator for later verification. Then, after destroying and vanishing the bill it can appear anywhere!

Fruit, cigarette, walnut/peanut, pack of cards, card box, cigarette box, marker cap, salt shaker, sugar packet, ice, etc.

Other 'Bill to...' effects worth mentioning are:

Scott Alexander's Final Answer - signed bill appears in Lemon
Doug Malloy's Lemon Game - signed bill appears in lemon
Carl Cloutier's Bill To kiwi - signed bill appears in Kiwi
Manuel Muerte's Bill to Lemon / Cigarette - signed bill appears in object
Michael Kaminska's "Magic Pills" Bill To Tin routine from Intimate Illusions video - signed bill appears in tin
Michael Ammar's Bill To Peanut - pieces retained version, overall great routine!
Jorg Willich's Bill in Cigarette - it's a torn piece/serial # version with great motivation
Bill Malone's Bill To Lemon routine on his On The Loose Volume 2 is quite nice too!

Richard Sanders has some fine work on his Richard Sanders Show DVDs with effects like Cramped, Bill Anywhere, and Sugarless.

The final piece of invaluable information I would like to suggest is Paul Gertner's utility switch idea which allows you to perform a bill to anywhere effect with the spectator holding onto the piece of bill with the serial number, which of course matches the serial number and tear in the bill produced from anywhere you'd like.

Hope this helps!

~ Michael Matson
My Magic - My Way Entertainment
Conjuring With Character
www.MyMagicMyWay.com
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Dave Forests version of note to pencap has always worked for me a lot better than Sanders version (I always struggled with the load). Plus the Dave Forrest verison JUST uses a pen and a borrowed note - nothing extra unlike the Sanders version.

Craig P
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
John Cornelius made a "bill to pen" ballpoint pen that's probably still available. No loading required.

Jerry
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
The one thing I've found now and I love is the bill in kiwi, I was introduced to it by Martin Sanderson's DVD though I had seen Carl Cloutier do it a few years ago.

TM
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
Another vote for Richard Sanders' "Cramped". No reset, great(!) reactions!
cardpunk1206
View Profile
New user
oregon
51 Posts

Profile of cardpunk1206
Has anyone heard about the Bill to Kiwi?
We Need To Be Astonished. -Paul Harris
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Anybody doing Seabrooke's Signed note to sealed envelope in sealed wallet?
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of tntjr
I'll second the Dave Forrest version. It's in a set of lecture notes full of some other really cool effects. Effect is Bil-ink from Quickfire booklet. Promise you'll use it!
Bar10dr
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Bar10dr
Scotty York had a great Borrowed Bill in Borrowed Cigarette routine which is also very good. You can find it in his For Your Eyes Only book which has just been reprinted by Denny & Lee. They also sell the gimmick that Scotty used to switch the bill and an instruction booklet for $55. You can check it out on his webpage at dennymagic.com.
gician
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of gician
I've seen a Burned Bill to Salt Shaker routine performed. Not sure if it's a marketed effect or in print anywhere.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-06-07 02:35, gician wrote:
I've seen a Burned Bill to Salt Shaker routine performed. Not sure if it's a marketed effect or in print anywhere.

I saw it too- first hand and up close - I got to help Gene Anderson do it onstage at Michigan Magic Day 2006, and I was looking for a bill switch, but saw none Smile
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
My Two cents would have to be Asi Winds Time is Money, which I am shocked to see that it has not come up yet but it is a Signed bill to spectators Watch. I bought it and let it sit in my drawer but after working with it last night, it will definitely go into my arsenal, ALONG with my "Billoon" by Mark Jen est..
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Quote:
On 2006-05-26 09:21, tntjr wrote:
I'll second the Dave Forrest version. It's in a set of lecture notes full of some other really cool effects. Effect is Bil-ink from Quickfire booklet. Promise you'll use it!

And, for those of you who are interested, it's on my new DVD, 'Trickery' due to hit the shelves within weeks for those of you who are interested.

Can anybody say 'plug'! Smile

Dave.
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Asi Winds Time is Money just watched this dvd and I can say this will be used almost always. Very clever and easy.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK its been a few Years I have met asi and have done this effect a few times what do people think and feel now...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Signed bill to..... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL