The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Printing Coins - New Trick From Bazar de Magia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Martín Pacheco
View Profile
Regular user
Argentina
112 Posts

Profile of Martín Pacheco
Hi !!!

Here a new trick from our Company .

Some visual effects will always remain in the spectator's mind. Printing Coins is an example of this.
Ariel Carax delights us with this innovative and clever work of art. A visual and innovative effect you will definitely include in your pro repertoire or in your occasional performance.
The magician puts a pencil, a coin -you may borrow one from the audience-, and a sheet of paper on the table. He puts the sheet of paper on top of the coin and rubs the pencil on it thus making the coin printed on the sheet of paper. The magician prints the coin several times on the whole sheet. He then raises the sheet of paper and shows that the coin has been multiplied into as many coins as the number of rubbings made. The coins, the sheet of paper and pencil are showed and given away to the audience.
Besides, a DVD attached includes a visual and emotional introduction of the Printing Coins.

A perfect and impressive opener (introductory effect).
Very easy to do.
Easy and quick reset.
Quickly repeated.
You may perform it standing or sitting at a table or on the floor.
No manipulation or palming.
No need to discard anything. No sleeves or lap required.
At the end, all the items used may be given away to the audience or showed for their examination.
Use any type of coin, even a borrowed one: Half dollar, 2 euro, 2 pounds, peso, etc.
A gimmick and an English/Spanish explanatory DVD are included.

Watch the video on: http://youtu.be/7l6SjMUmt98

Ready for ship on August 25 2011.
For more information visit to our web site

Thanks

Martín Pacheco
Bazar de Magia - Argentina
http://www.bazardemagia.com
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
I love the concept!
Sort of like grave stone rubbings.
Are you limited to four coins or can you do more?
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
Shanlip
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
141 Posts

Profile of Shanlip
This looks great. Will it work with Australian Coins?
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
What about noise? It seems one may need a soft surface to perform this.
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
Martín Pacheco
View Profile
Regular user
Argentina
112 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-08-15 18:24, Magicray69 wrote:
I love the concept!
Sort of like grave stone rubbings.
Are you limited to four coins or can you do more?

Hi
Thanks for your opinion.
You can print to 4 coins plus initial coins. But if you can use SH... so you can print 5,6,7, or 8 coins....
work fine with half dollar , 2 euros or similar size coins.
You can perfom it with any close up ,carpet over a book. The most increible that is the trick is very easy to do. Is possible use Chocolate coins too,

Best

Martin Pacheco
Bazar de Magia
wwww.bazardemagia.com
Martín Pacheco
View Profile
Regular user
Argentina
112 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-08-15 18:48, Shanlip wrote:
This looks great. Will it work with Australian Coins?

Hi
Which is the size of Australian coins ? The trick work fine with half dollar , 2 euros or any similar size coin

Best

Martin Pacheco
Bazar de Magia
wwww.bazardemagia.com
Shanlip
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
141 Posts

Profile of Shanlip
Our 20c is about 2mm smaller in diam than the half dollar.
Martín Pacheco
View Profile
Regular user
Argentina
112 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-08-16 11:14, Shanlip wrote:
Our 20c is about 2mm smaller in diam than the half dollar.

Hi
Yes just check and work fine with 20c Australian.
You need two size the diam and thick. Here the list of coins that we checked and work fie, but any coin with similar size work fine too. You need coins diam: 25mm to 33mm and Thick to 3mm.

SAMPLE COIN SIZE:

Half Dollar 30,61mm x 2,15mm OK
500 yen 26,5mm x 2mm OK
2 Pounds 28,4mm x 2,5mm OK
2 Euros 25,75 mm x 2,2mm OK
20c Australian 28,52mm x 2,5mm OK
50 c Argentinian peso 25,2mm x 1,7mm OK

Best

Martin Pacheco
Bazar de Magia
http://www.bazardemagia.com
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Very very nice!!! Smile
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
I really like this...thanks for releasing it.

Shane
Shanlip
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
141 Posts

Profile of Shanlip
Great thanks Martin
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
I like this one! I had my reservations about it, but once I used it, all my doubts disappeared! My favorite use is to print one coin at a time, tearing the piece out, and sliding it to the corner. Do the same for the others. Now you have a clean matrix reveal! You can even use a 3" jumbo coin as a final reveal! I have played with autographing the pieces, stapling it to my business card to hand out, etc. I love the story telling and relating to one's own childhood. To me this one is a keeper.

Another thing I like doing is having them shade a coin and initial it. Even better keepsake!

With the chocolate coins, you can easily weave a story about grandma, or snacks, with a jumbo Hershey's kiss as a giant reveal. "I must have been loved, why look at all the kisses I got!"
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
I recently obtained this and tried it out at my restaurant gig. Where so many effects are variations on common themes, this one is quite unique - at least to me. I like it because it's different and can be quite effective with a good patter. Here’s a quick review:

EFFECT: You create the illusion of being able to create multiple coins by repeatedly "tracing" the same coin. With the coin under a piece of paper, you get the image by rubbing a pencil over it. You move the coin around to create several of these images. When finished, you reveal that a coin has been created under each rubbing - up to 5 in all.

The notepad supplied is quite clever in making it appear that there is nothing under the paper to start and all you have is the one coin. You supply the coins as they are not gaffed. It works well with half dollars or other coins of similar size.

PROS: It's different, and you can tell a story of how you liked to print coins when you were a kid by tracing them on paper - and would pretend that they were real. It engages the spectator. It's not for walkaround, but can be used for close-up or table-side. It could be used to introduce coins for another routine. The gaff is durable and the notepad can be easily replaced when used up.

CONS: It might be a little pricey to some, but it is well made. For restaurant work, it’s too large for a pocket, but OK if you have a bag or don’t mind carrying it. You also need a small close-up pad/mat to keep the coins from talking.

DIFFICULTY: Can be done with little practice. No actual “slights” are used.

To sum up – I like it because it’s different, and my customers seem enchanted by it. I don’t like carrying to many things around, but this is not too big or heavy. The notepad is 6 x 8 inches, but you could use one a little smaller. If you vanish coins already, then that would be a nice way to tag an ending on to the magical printing. I rub the coins back into the rubbings. There could be lots of variations in how to use this as part of a routine.

Dennis
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Nice review Dennis!

I've owned this for some time now and wanted to give it a little time before writing a review. Dennis has really nailed it by adding a story of tracing coins on a piece of paper when you were a kid. I love the story line. The pad has a built in gimmick that is made to last for a life time. It is so easy to transfer the gimmick to any other pad,book, magazine, you name it. You can hold the pad freely without any concern of noise or dropping coins. At your command the coins will release in perfect position for the routine presented. Before I watched the video, I thought to myself, this would be a great opener for the matrix trick. After watching the video they suggest this as a possible use. A very cool way to introduce coins!

I feel this is much more than a printing coins routine. Consider this a utility device for coins. I would love to see a competition or a forum opened to owners of this to explore potential uses. IMHO, the current presentation does not speak to the potential this has. If you own this PM me so we can discuss devious uses for this very well constructed gimmick. Lot's of thought went into this and I believe this can be used for many more applications.

I love Bazar de Magia. I've been a fan of their products and this has some great potential. The price is not too high for what you get. The only CON is your imagination to how best use this device! Oh... it's super easy to use!

Mike Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Printing Coins - New Trick From Bazar de Magia (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL