The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Custom writing silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2123 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Does anyone know a site where they can do nice big silks with writing on them such as "Welcome to the show" "Let's start the fun", etc.? I already have "The End", but there don't seem to be many other writing varieties.

Thanx
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7393 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Tim Sonfelt may be your best bet on this. I can handpaint simple silks but his may be more than I want to tackle.

BTW, you should be prepared that these are going to be expensive. The labor involved is intense. Plus the price of silk has doubled in the US due partially to the devaluation of the dollar.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2123 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Hot-diggity-dang!! That's perfect! Thanx Richard!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Tim does pretty work. That is not the problem. You will have to use his silk that will go through his printer and the hems are also a compromise. It still can be exactly what your needs require.

However, with a very small investment in Sharpie Pens and an embroidery hoop you can have a huge variety of custom silks on the colors and and weights of silks of your choosing. You can also use existing silks with the better 2mm hems. Frequently we give the custom silk to the entertainment buyer and find it later framed in a home or office. They will indeed keep people aware of your visit better than a business card ever will. (Not looking "bought" can even work to your advantage!)

Making your magic unique is certainly allowable in magic.

Scheme!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Custom writing silks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL