We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... The Harry Potter Hypnosis Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Hey guys,

Here's a fun idea I thought I'd share, and garner opinions on. The idea is of a 'harry potter' themed hypnosis show. You could have everyone up on stage, acting out receiving wands, act out battles, act out a game of quidditch, dance at the Yule Ball.

I'm obviously a huge harry potter nerd, but I think the public would really take to a show like this. What do you guys think? I wonder if you could even legally promote such a show?

Any thoughts would be great, and further ideas for routines.

Matt Mello
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Ive never read a harry potter book, nor have I seen any of the movies.
It would be wasted on me. I thought the Harry Potter phenomenon was mostly a kiddy / girly type thing? - I dont know any male adults who (admit that they) like Harry Potter movies/books.

No offence intended of course. Maybe Im the odd one out.
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
You'd have to license the characters from Warners.
Not a fan myself either but I'm sure some people would enjoy the theme.
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
But what about the ubiquitous X-rated ending? Hobbits hump chairs?

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10216 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Even in my school shows even the mention of Harry Potter bring groans of dismay. It's not hip or cool and nothing I'd wan to have in my show or present to my audiences. It's not quite current and rather yesterday, even though there's been recent releases. Maybe it's just not my cup of tea. Plus there's really no need for it, as even the setup may be too slow moving while risking turning off many.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
828 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On 2011-08-17 04:18, Owen Mc Ginty wrote:
It would be wasted on me. I thought the Harry Potter phenomenon was mostly a kiddy / girly type thing? - I dont know any male adults who (admit that they) like Harry Potter movies/books.

You are odd Owen. Smile I love the Harry Potter universe. I did a show for a local theater to promote the first movie and didn't know anything about the series. I later listened to the audio books on my daily 3 hour commute and I was totally immersed. I am a huge fan now.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Cyar
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Cyar
Quote:
On 2011-08-17 04:18, Owen Mc Ginty wrote:

Agreed! My niece was big into it a couple of years ago, now entering college, she laughs at it and her brothers were too busy playing Halo or some other game with 'edge' to even consider it.

Still, it's a unique proposition and even if you're not at all familiar with the other characters or storyline, everyone knows who Harry Potter is, so that carries some cultural and character weight. How about having people audition for the role of Harry Potter and giving their best spells while holding a banana?

I'd love for you to give it a whirl and let us know how it goes, and how you might tweak it yourself.
I told those f***s down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!
EldonFowler
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of EldonFowler
Quote:
On 2011-08-17 05:29, hypnokid wrote:
But what about the ubiquitous X-rated ending? Hobbits hump chairs?

HK

Hobbits? In Harry Potter? You have just insulted A LOT of people!
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I think you have a great idea. It is fashionable to knock Harry Potter, but the truth is millions have read the books, and I know the films have also been a success. People might pretend they are coming to sneer, but really they will be coming out of interest.

I think you could fill a theatre easily with this show, and fill it with the sort of people who will make great hypnotic subjects. I hope you try it, and I hope it works out great for you.
rickhypno
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of rickhypno
Nice idea, good luck!
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Mr. Meece! I thought you had fallen off the edge of the earth. How are tricks?
oh, and Ive always been odd!

I have to admit that I think Tony has an excellent point about the people that come to see that sort of show being good subjects.
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
RichDash
View Profile
New user
Northern California
13 Posts

Profile of RichDash
MY son is a total harry potter fan so I made a wand to use and called it the hypnowand. Took a brass rod with a small ball on the end and wrapped it in brown textured yarn then after it was wrapped really tight. I ran some flame under it so that it would tighten up and it looks pretty legit... Otherwise I have no clue since I have yet to be able to finish an entire happy potter movie. I would love to hear how this type of show would turn out. No doubt most kids through teens would Love it

My son is always running around saying odd names for spells, you could use that and have people cast spells and act out the effects... I don't know anything specific about the movies though to give ideas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... The Harry Potter Hypnosis Show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL