We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » About a bike... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
As a poor kid who had several beloved bicycles stolen, this story means a lot to me:
http://shine.yahoo.com/event/momentsofmo......2528090/
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I think I had ten stolen in my childhood. At one point, my parents asked if I minded getting a used bike, I said no prob, I was tired of getting new bikes for other people... they never stole the used one, they left it in the driveway with the wheels missing! Smile
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Gaaargh
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Gaaargh
My bikes were all 2nd hand growing up, until I saved my paper-route money to buy a new one. It was stolen the third time I rode it to school. Back to 2nd hand bikes I went.

As teens my mom decided we didn't have to go to mass with her on Saturday evenings, as long as we went Sunday mornings. In which case she requested a copy of the church bulletin as proof.

One time, while I was away at university, my youngest brother left his bike on the steps of the church, and ran in to get a bulletin from the back while mass was in session, so he would have proof without attending.

The bike was gone when he got out. He had paid over $300 of his hard earned money for that bike. My parents figured he learned a good lesson that day.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
My bikes (other than my first Murray) were all used too. My favorite bike was my Redline that I got from my uncle right after my vintage Mongoose was stolen and after he road had ridden the Redline into the ground. I fixed it up, putting on a new chain, brakes, bearings, and all that jazz. Had that bike for many years and it was my most prized possesion. I kept it locked up with a huge logging chain. But one day someone cut through the chain and stole it.
After that it was the bus until I finally caved and bought a car.
Weight when my last bike was stolen= 160 lbs.
Weight 6 months later= 180 lbs.
**** bike thieves. Cowards.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » About a bike... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL