The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hot new effects from Magic Live (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Stand Up Monte was another great introduction at Magic Live. It gets great reactions from spectators. This is a real standout from previously released three card Monte routines.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjk3NTgzNjgw.html

I found that - it is a trailer for Prism!
Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Quote:
On 2011-09-01 06:51, KyleMacNeill wrote:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjk3NTgzNjgw.html

I found that - it is a trailer for Prism!

It sure looks like it. For those who prefer an uncut version, try this segment at the end of an interview Josh did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSWQSgiD7......#t=1168s
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
To see the original Ring on Stem of glass, go to http://www.pete-biro.com and see Fred Kaps perform it.

I'd like to see Joshua's handling

This was my creation and you can read all about it in the Aug. '07 Genii.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Thanks Pete excellent routine Joshuas handling was much shorter and direct
Ladies ring placed inside of glass covered by a silk /silk removed ring on glass stem glass given to lady to keep
Is this available to purchase?
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
At this point, I don't even want to know how Josh did the Ring on Stem, cause it is that powerful. I was blown away. Great show, and great MagicLive!

What I liked, and ended up purchasing (some might be new and others old, but seeing them hooked me):

Pure Smoke - Awesome. Excellent customer services, as I think something was a little off with mine, and getting a new one in the mail today. But awesome, and set up is not to involved... compared to other smoke delivery systems. Lets put it this way. I showed it to my wife, and her eyes lit up. That was the selling point. Awesome!

Triception - I really like Mark Mason's Triception, and got it in Walking Liberties. Some have wondered about the new generation Flipper. While I can't see a huge improvement on the action, it is also not a step backwards. One could use parts of this set with others... like the Ex-[ is magnetic, and for me, that helps in performing Roth's coins across. Helps me ditch with a hold out.

The Vanishing - Jon Allen/Elmwood Magic - Love story effects, and this is a nice one about Houdini

Prism Deck - A nice effect, and LOTS of stuff built into the cards.

Phoenix Decks - I wasn't sure about these, though I saw Josh use them quite a bit. Picked up 3. And they are awesome. I really like them.

Industrial Revolution - I bought this before MagicLive, but Jamie was there, and what an awesome guy. Very nice, down to earth (as really were most if not all the folks in the dealer room). This is an fantastic effect.

Oh, and books are good to... picked up both of Behr's Hand Crafted Card Magic volumes from H&R books. Great to have them there, and again, nice guys!

There are more, like Sorted Affair, which I really like. Wonderful Oil and Water effect.

Good stuff, and was fun to be a part of this event!

RevJohn
cmeyers
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of cmeyers
Quote:
On 2011-09-02 10:29, RevJohn wrote:
At this point, I don't even want to know how Josh did the Ring on Stem, cause it is that powerful. I was blown away. Great show, and great MagicLive!

What I liked, and ended up purchasing (some might be new and others old, but seeing them hooked me):

Pure Smoke - Awesome. Excellent customer services, as I think something was a little off with mine, and getting a new one in the mail today. But awesome, and set up is not to involved... compared to other smoke delivery systems. Lets put it this way. I showed it to my wife, and her eyes lit up. That was the selling point. Awesome!

Triception - I really like Mark Mason's Triception, and got it in Walking Liberties. Some have wondered about the new generation Flipper. While I can't see a huge improvement on the action, it is also not a step backwards. One could use parts of this set with others... like the Ex-[ is magnetic, and for me, that helps in performing Roth's coins across. Helps me ditch with a hold out.

The Vanishing - Jon Allen/Elmwood Magic - Love story effects, and this is a nice one about Houdini

Prism Deck - A nice effect, and LOTS of stuff built into the cards.

Phoenix Decks - I wasn't sure about these, though I saw Josh use them quite a bit. Picked up 3. And they are awesome. I really like them.

Industrial Revolution - I bought this before MagicLive, but Jamie was there, and what an awesome guy. Very nice, down to earth (as really were most if not all the folks in the dealer room). This is an fantastic effect.

Oh, and books are good to... picked up both of Behr's Hand Crafted Card Magic volumes from H&R books. Great to have them there, and again, nice guys!

There are more, like Sorted Affair, which I really like. Wonderful Oil and Water effect.

Good stuff, and was fun to be a part of this event!

RevJohn

Joshua Jay's ring on wine glass was a little too perfect.

Jason Brumbalow
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Jason Brumbalow
Hey Guys, thanks for the interest in Pure Smoke. I've spent the last 18+ months and a majority of my wife's good humor perfecting it. If she see's another puff of smoke in the house I think she's going to feed one of these units to me.

Answering your concerns about Pure Smoke:

Yes, the unit can be activated by only pressing a switch. No indicating or jerkiness with the hands needed.

Some have voiced a concern about the full instructional video being available. I figured the best possible transparency into this product would allay everyone's apprehension about another smoke device on the market. Then there's the pride part. Admittedly, I'm proud that we were able to overcome the nightmares of previous smoke apparatus'. The final motivation was just to let everyone in on every detail before the purchase.

Great news! There has been a breakthrough in development with the smoke cartridges. Each cartridge should now give about 80 shots of smoke per cartridge rather than the previously tested 35-45 shots. The price for the cartridges will remain the same, so we effectively double the life of each cartridge. Huge win. Each puff of smoke should only cost an average of $.03 versus the previous $.06. Compared to UltraSmoke, it's a slam dunk at an average of $.10 per puff. Now practicing shouldn't cost and extra $60 and a new suit jacket. Smile

Another upgrade has been the 'locking' of the cartridge. Some have noted that the cartridges get loose after time. We corrected that to make them fit tighter and lock.

Another was the coil longevity. Sometimes when the coil burns without any oil contacting the element, it tends to strain the coil and burn out. We have tested the new coils to 'dry' burn up to 40,000 times without burning out. As long as there is oil contacting the element, the unit should burn indefinitely.

All of this new information will be in the updated instruction video going live on the 18th.

Pure Smoke will release on Oct 18th 1pm PT / 4pm ET barring any unforeseen disasters.

We'll be posting a few teaser videos of Eric Jones and I using Pure Smoke at the final product URL:

http://www.ellusionist.com/pure-smoke.html

Thanks again and feel free to contact me at jason[@]ellusionist.com with any questions.
Jason Brumbalow

Director of Product Development, Murphy's Magic

jasonb[at]murphysmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hot new effects from Magic Live (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL