The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Trailer Stolen!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
Someone stole my trailer that I had just loaded to do a fair.
I will be looking for some replacement items when I hear back from the insurance company.

A few harder to find items like Merv Taylor 10" (solid)linking rings
Lion and Cobra (custom but abbots would do)
Old version MAK chair suspension (samsonite chairs)
Visible sawing, (not MAK)

There were lots of other items and I will replace some or use the money for new items. so if you have something your looking to sell, not listed in the regular sales ares, send me a note.

Thanks
Kent
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I feel for you. Nothing worse. I once had a 20 foot storage locker raided.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
I am so sorry to hear that! Hopefully your insurance will cover all of your items. Is there anything that you are interested in? I have some Dove and Rabbit production pieces I am not using anymore that I was thinking about selling?
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
I'm not using live animals anymore, but my son is. Let me know what you have and I'll pass it on.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Kent
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Kent let me know how I can help.
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
AnthonytheMagic
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of AnthonytheMagic
Kent, I have a visible sawing from Abbotts I can loan you.... I have an extra sword basket Ralph Adams style.... I have just a regular set of linking 12 inch rings... and many more things.
Respectfully,
Anthony
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Hopefully, you'll get your contents back. The thieves probably just want your trailer. It's not like there will suddenly be a magician in your area doing the same magic tricks you use to do.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Quote:
On 2011-08-19 13:17, Kent Messmer wrote:
Someone stole my trailer that I had just loaded to do a fair.
I will be looking for some replacement items when I hear back from the insurance company.

A few harder to find items like Merv Taylor 10" (solid)linking rings
Lion and Cobra (custom but abbots would do)
Old version MAK chair suspension (samsonite chairs)
Visible sawing, (not MAK)

There were lots of other items and I will replace some or use the money for new items. so if you have something your looking to sell, not listed in the regular sales ares, send me a note.

Thanks
Kent

Kent,

I am sad to hear this. I have a set of magnetic rings I can give you if you want them. You would just have to pay the shipping and I will send them on.

Patrick
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
I've been so busy doing shows that it really hasn't sunk in. I just get a sick feeling once and a while.

I hope I don't see one of the locals doing my stuff.

Thanks Anthony. I just overnighted one of the MAK/Frontier ones. It's ok but not the custom one I had. My version was an old saw and did not look like a magic trick. I needed this trick because "sawing" was requested. I do have a bow saw but am still working on the routine.

Hey Dean! I haven't looked at your list for a while. Do you still have things for sale? Did you sell the trailer with the staging? If the insurance pays off I might use this as a chance to replace some of the things in my shows.

Patrick, thanks first for the offer. What type of rings and how many are in the set?

I really appreciate all your help and concern.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
This ain't about some sale or the money brother... just let me kow what I can do to serve and support YOU my freind! - if you need something, I'd be happy to get it out there to ya' bud!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
Hey Deano! You know the one thing that will help the most, and knowing you, I know that you have been doing it! (is it ok to pray down heaps of fiery coals still??)

Just finishing up my last fair today, then back to work on the Christmas (I know, already) tour.

Thanks again guys. It really means a lot to me that you are there for me!

Kent
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Kent,

They are aluminum and there is a key ring, two single rings, a double linked set, and a triple linked set. I can't remember the maker but they are pretty nice. I will take pictures if you would like.

Patrick
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Kent, be sure to post a pic of trailer and where stolen from on your facebook page. I know of some bands that have trailers stoled, and found after being discoverd by facebook friends. Although if insurance pays out well, you may not want to find it....LOL. but seriously, give it a shot, may at least get your trailer back.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Done and Done buddy. Just make sure to let me know what else I can do to serve my friend!

Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Kent, I wasn't aware that folks even considered theft there in Montana. Is that so, or were you on the road guy?

Imagine the look on their faces when they don't even have a clue as to what they "acquired" during the heist eh? They might be looking for instructions on how it all works...or where to even start as to fencing said equipment.

It's nice to see so many individuals offering a hand up my friend...what an amazing blessing.
Forgiveness is one of the most trying lessons to learn and acquire.
Shalom,
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
Devious, I was at home loaded to go on the road. I guess there has been several places hit around me in the last two weeks.

The most sickening thing is just that, they will not know what it is nor what to do with it. I did have some B.O.R. stuff in there and they might be able to sell them. If they do figure out the other stuff they might try to sell it as ..."hey my uncle died and had all this magic stuff..." If you receive an offer or see one, please let me know.

I just posted this on facebook...

1 - Adam - 12... be on the look out for a 2006 Mirage cargo trailer. White in color with tandem axles. The Mirage logo on the front of trailer is mostly gone but the "xtra" decal is still on the side. The right wheel fender has a dent on the front and has been bowed in the center from someone sitting on it.

Hey face book friends, could you please post this on your face book page? I don't have many friends so not many will not see my post. Face book is everywhere so the more people who see this the better.

Thanks
Kent

here is a photo of the trailer.

Click here to view attached image.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Thanks again Kent...it was nice catchin' up with you. Here's to your financial recovery. I shall definitely post the information for my peers etc...
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
My stuff was all stolen out of the back of my car within days of leaving my wife. In the larger picture and scope, it was the best thing that has ever happened to me!!! Now my whole act, better than ever, including illusions, fits on a Southwest flight with no bag fees.

Hope that you can have as good of luck as I have due to the catastrophe.
Amazing Binky
View Profile
Loyal user
Lancaster,OH
224 Posts

Profile of Amazing Binky
HMmmm. Wonder if the ex-wife had anything to do with that.
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
Patrick,

Thank you so much for your offer. I will put them to good use and will pass them on!

Kent
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Trailer Stolen!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL