The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » As close to real magic.. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I have to admit Needle thru Balloon is really fantastic! I still get that gut feeling every time I perform it. It always makes me smile when I do it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
theinternetguru
View Profile
Elite user
I hacked the Café but I still only have
426 Posts

Profile of theinternetguru
Invisible deck. Extreme Burn 2.0.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Glorpy the Ghost aka Hyrum the Haunted Hank, very entertaining and always enjoyable by any audience.
mellanp
View Profile
New user
Scranton, Pa.
59 Posts

Profile of mellanp
Steve Dusheck's Lethal Tender is as close as one could get to real magic. Two coins (a half dollar and Chinese with hole in its center) are displayed in a card wallet along with a card. The silver coin visually changes to the brass coin in a spectaotor's hand. The half dollar is found in a wallet another spectator was holding from when the effect started. All can be examined now!

Another "close to real" magic effect is Dusheck's Card Coin. This is a half dollar that visually changes into a playing card-no sleights! It can also be used as a tremendous utility item in a matrix effect. Incidentally, Tony Slydini, one of the most prolific close-up magicians of the twentieth century was fooled by some of Steve's magic. Slydini said Steve used extremely clever gimmickry in his magic!
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
And Luna. Smile Definitely Luna.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Tim Taylor
View Profile
Veteran user
1970 - 2012
375 Posts

Profile of Tim Taylor
Tim Wisemans Mind Wheel- This just BAFFELS them. I start with this setup and then let them tear it down and see every thing is normal!!!!!
Astor Trio - You could start your own religion with this
Astor Mental
Slo Motion
Rat Trap is freaking people out too!
"Even a mosquito gets a slap on the back for a job well done" - Tim Taylor
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Card To Wallet, empty hand, no palming, no scrummage inside a jacket.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Although not really using gimmicks in the broader sense, I think from a layman's point of view, this is one of the most magical performances I've seen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tHjaRbTfHmQ
The cool thing is, most of us know exactly what he's doing, but he's super-slick! He does, of course, have gimmicks for all the loads. But this takes a LOT of practise.....
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Aces In Their Faces comes to mind and more recently Dan Harlan's "Awakening" version of Professors Nightmare (which I am still working on and planning to debut in a show next month).

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
wjkrysak
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
152 Posts

Profile of wjkrysak
Gotta say...red silk vanish with TT, from spec view, is close up clear real magic Smile
Just saying.
Create memories to enjoy the magic of life.
Tread lightly. Give. cheaha bill
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Quote:
On 2011-08-25 04:11, Potty the Pirate wrote:
Although not really using gimmicks in the broader sense, I think from a layman's point of view, this is one of the most magical performances I've seen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tHjaRbTfHmQ
The cool thing is, most of us know exactly what he's doing, but he's super-slick! He does, of course, have gimmicks for all the loads. But this takes a LOT of practise.....

That was just brilliant! An old routine that is common but still he did it really well! All of his choreography, song, and visual effect are nothing but perfection!

Thanks for sharing it here.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Saw SLOW MOTION yesterday... that beat's 'em all... can't wait for mine to arrive.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Hondo88
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Hondo88
I have had great success and wonderful reactions with Daryl's Ultimate Ambition. Great effect on the audience.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Another vote for Prohibition. It fooled the pants off me when I first saw this.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
So you got won over by SlowMotion, Pete? I been thinking about getting it, just had that little doubt for some reason.

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I also say silk vanish from hand
with a tt looks like pure magic.
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Although it's soon to be released, my buddy Jeff Kaylor (TKO) is putting out his "Any Signed Card to ANY Borrowed Wallet". I mean...it just doesn't get any stronger than this! I've seen this thing in action and it's HOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_czVK6vDg4
ranilperera
View Profile
New user
North London
66 Posts

Profile of ranilperera
!Warning by Kosta Kimlat is pretty amazing when done well Smile
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
Mr. 12d3,

Clean and stunning? If by stunning you mean impossible and not flashy, I'm going to have to vote for Mr. Dean Dill's Revelation. It has never once failed to amaze. If you mean flashy, then I'll go with anything with a White Lion.

Respectfully,

Phil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » As close to real magic.. (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL