The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Burger King Dumps King Mascot, Emphasizes Healthy Food (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
The King is dead...

Long live the King! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5023 Posts

Profile of landmark
I always liked fast food mascots like Chirping Chicken where the happy mascot was the slaughtered animal itself.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I remember a Hormel ham commercial where a turkey came out and suggested that everyone buy Hormel hams for thanksgiving. Followed by another commercial where a pig came out arguing for the traditional Thanksgiving turkey.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
It's ridiculous. I was finally starting to like the king and actually thought I was starting to "get it". Dangit! Is it possible for "fast food" drive-throughs to ever be rid of the "junk food/bad for you/dont eat there" attitude that is so prevalent? Regardless, I applaud them for the effort to change direction, however slight (or is it sleight? haha), and offer healthier options whatever the motivation for doing so. I'm wondering if it is possible for any of them to be a hybrid and succesfully offer up good old thick bacon cheeseburgers etc. and at the same time low-cal healthy type of burgers or sandwiches. I for one like the option of both, depending on my mood.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
You can get a grilled chicken sandwhich at many fast food places, and a salad at almost all of them.
Of course, there's always the deep fried veggie burger that the downtown Burger King here used to sell. Yum. Grains and grease.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5023 Posts

Profile of landmark
Yes in most of those places even the salads are high calorie when you consider the dressing and cheese.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Depends on which dressing you use and how you fix it up. There are always options.
~Will Rogers
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1635 Posts

Profile of Futureal
I go to Chick-fil-A every week. Their mascot is Jesus.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I can't say much. I had three plates of fried chicken gizzards at the buffet last night. Of course that was after shoveling 17 tons of rock so I think it cancelled out.
~Will Rogers
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2011-08-22 23:56, critter wrote:
I can't say much. I had three plates of fried chicken gizzards at the buffet last night. Of course that was after shoveling 17 tons of rock so I think it cancelled out.

I've alway's dreamed of a Gizzard Buffet. Where is this place that let's you eat all the Chicken Gizzards you want?
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5023 Posts

Profile of landmark
You must visit the wonderful Gizzard of Oz.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-08-23 06:52, irossall wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-22 23:56, critter wrote:

I've alway's dreamed of a Gizzard Buffet. Where is this place that let's you eat all the Chicken Gizzards you want?
Iven Smile

Timber Creek Buffet in Spokane Valley. They're a few steps better than the Golden Corral.
~Will Rogers
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3723 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Woo hoo! This might mean that my giant "Magical Burger King" toy, complete with the "incredible disappearing burger" and "Magical Burger King Ring" will be worth something! Collector's item world, here we come! I knew there was a reason I kept this.

Steve
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I demand my grease! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Burger King Dumps King Mascot, Emphasizes Healthy Food (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL