The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New book on Warren Stephens (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Wonder Imagery is putting out a book on Warren Stephens that contains ideas from his notebooks (which I had the pleasure of looking through more than once) and they contain ideas for all sorts of magic that he had come up with.
He planned to build most if it, but couldn't do it all before his death.
He was one of the most creative guys I ever met and his props were simple but effective.
Check out this book!! I pre-ordered it yesterday.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Jef!
Mister Mystery
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I was lucky enought to have purchased several of his items.

I wonder if someone is going to manufacture his items again?
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
I believe Viking has the rights to the line.
They formed a joint company, but nothing has been put out.
(I think I have the right guy).
Wonder Imagery is putting out the color changing ball trick right now.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
George Kimery (Chalet) had the rights. When I last attended Kidabra, Warren was still alive and there with George who was making a few of the items.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have his wibbly wobbly wand. I talked to him on the phone, shortly before he died and ordered one.
I feel damm lucky.

I don't do a lot of kids shows but when I do I never miss the opportunity to use it in my change bag routine.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Look at the Wonder Imagery web-site for other items from Warren Stephen's back catalogue
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
It was Chalet not Viking...sorry.
There is a web site up but there is no products listed.
It is chaletstephens.com, but there is only a blib saying they joined forces and look for stuff in the future.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
timsonefelt
View Profile
New user
SC
44 Posts

Profile of timsonefelt
Hi folks! A quick update:
The Stephens family is in the process of revoking manufacturing priveliges from Chalet due to lack of action (5 years and nothing happened). I'm not at liberty to discuss that any further, however I can let you know that I have exclusive rights to produce Warren Stephens items on a per-item basis. We have produced several already in his line that are available on our website (www.WonderImagery.com).

Regarding the book - we are dilligently working on that. The book is authorized by the family and is something that Chalet never had on the table. We were originally were going to publish the book as Warren's notebooks - we have them all scanned in digitally and were going to print those. However after discussions wiht Phil Wilmarth and the Stephens family, we felt that this wouldn't do justice to his work. So we're typing in all the notes (and deciphering as we go) and having all the notes and sketches professionally illustrated. This is taking MUCH longer than the original idea. We still have the book on 'pre-order' pricing. That will probably last through Feb. before we increase it.

Thanks everyone for the interest and support.
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Quote:
The Stephens family is in the process of revoking manufacturing priveliges
from Chalet due to lack of action (5 years and nothing happened).

Interesting comment since the book seems to be a mirage after 6 years of waiting!
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
I, too, am waiting for the book but I know that this is a labor of love and Tim won't make much on this thing. It obviously became more of a project than he first anticipated and he is a full time performer and runs a great Wonder Imagery business that makes great silks and stuff so he has to keep the "wolf from the door" with that so he can support his family. He has offered a refund on deposits over the years and I am sure when it comes out we won't be disappointed. I heard there was a prototype floating around Kidabra, but no announcement on the release date. I'm sure this is hanging over his head and he would like to get it finished too.
Keep at it Tim...that history is too good to lose.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Right lol. I'm still waiting for the DVD that was promised with the pre-order.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New book on Warren Stephens (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL