The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » 1943 Card Control book autographed to Edgar Bergen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Hi all,

Today a long time friend who knows nothing about magic bought a near mint copy of Card Control (1943) by Arthur Buckley. The inscription reads: To Edgar Bergen yours fraternally Authur Buckley. It then has a stamp with Buckley's address.

First of all my friend did not have a clue who Bergen was and neither of us have heard of Buckley. Any information on Buckley, his book OR maybe a rough estimate on price is appreciated.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1811 Posts

Profile of Anatole
You're kidding, right? Edgar Bergen had a famous ventriloquist act with his puppet Charlie McCarthy. He was also a movie star and the father of movie and TV star Candice Bergen. Arthur Buckley wrote a few books on magic: _Principles and Deception_ is another of his titles. alibris.com lists the paperback Dover edition of _Card Control_ at $2.69. The Gambler's Book Club edition is worth a little more. The hardcover is listed at anywhere from $50.00 tp $275.00. I think Buckley also wrote a book on mental magic.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
No joke Amado he was clueless as to who Bergen was, I myself am a fan of old time radio shows and know his work work well. I've never heard of Buckley as I was an escape artist I'm pretty clueless outside of that field. Thank you for your reply and information. Take Care Shawn.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » 1943 Card Control book autographed to Edgar Bergen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL