The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Midnight side of the mind - Paul Voodini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I am half way through, and enjoying it immensely. When the kids go to bed I will break out a bottle of single malt and finish it (the book - perhaps not the bottle).

The Kiss of the Clairvoyant is one of the most dramatic pieces I have ever seen performed. If you have balls and stage presence, this is the real deal. I am so looking forward to road testing all this. Reader of Minds was my first introduction to Paul's work, and I thought it would be tough to top it. But he tops it consistently. If he keeps publishing he will break us all!
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4172 Posts

Profile of bobser
I shall consider this, indeed probably get it.
I had Paul's Reader of Minds. For me personally it was, in many ways, the best book of its kind I had read in the last 30 years.
That was before my computer got a virus and it got wiped out with a couple grand's worth of stuff that I simply had never backed up. Grrrrrr!!!
But yes, I do believe him to be a huge talent.

Bob
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Quote:
On 2011-10-13 19:08, bobser wrote:
That was before my computer got a virus and it got wiped out with a couple grand's worth of stuff that I simply had never backed up.

Ouch!
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2184 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Hey all

I was about to put in my order.
I've bought several of Paul's work over the last couple of months and enjoyed them and thought they were fairly priced.

But just before I pushed the buy button on Midnight Side I saw the price... normally a high price doesn't scare me off but as this is about 10x more than his last ebook I bought I have to ask those who have his older work...
"what's the difference this time?"

feel free to PM me if you want to post here... not that I'm expecting anything too negative, like I say I've really enjoyed and recommended Paul's work in the past.

best

dave
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Hi Dave,

Although I preordered the book (which was 45 quid), I would probably have purchased it at it's current price as well, and decidedly so if I'd known it's contents. It's hard to explain without explaining, but essentially with the method detailed within the book your mind reading presentations can go from shallow to leagues in depth. That's the easiest way to put it. This is the ultimate in depth of presentation. There are many, many wonderful ideas contained within the 110 page book, but the core concept is what is the most valuable, and will allow you to do work with everything from mind reading to predictions to seances, and so many more brilliant ideas (the room one is one of my favorites), at the same time putting the focus and spotlight entirely on your spectator. It transcends mind reading and psychic phenomenon and allows, without any form of dual reality, for your spectator to truly enter worlds beyond normal comprehension; reporting back to the audience, but experiencing it for themselves. It allows you to give your spectator the most beautiful of moments; a memory they will never forget of people they met in another time, or another world entirely.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:
On 2011-10-13 23:24, dmoses wrote:

Hi Dave. It's a fair question to ask. The difference this time is that we are dealing with past life regression, remote viewing, and clairvoyance (amongst other things). On the one hand this is super-powerful material that goes far beyond palm reading etc., and on the other hand I was a little worried about this info falling into the hands of young kids doing street hypno - I had images of spotty kids regressing "the laydeez" in the middle of clubs and goodness knows what else. So I priced it to deter those who are merely curious while being aware that performers and the serious student would be willing to pay the price knowing what they will get from it. I honestly believe that the material has the ability to take everybody's mentalism to a new level. I know how pompous and cliched that sounds, but it is what I believe.

£100 is far less than you will get for performing one past life show, for instance.

Hope this answers your question, and thanks for asking.
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Danyel
View Profile
Loyal user
Italy
293 Posts

Profile of Danyel
Quote:
On 2011-10-14 04:02, Voodini wrote:
I honestly believe that the material has the ability to take everybody's mentalism to a new level. I know how pompous and cliched that sounds, but it is what I believe.

Not having yet read it completely, AND
with no relation to Paul being a friend,

I second completely this opinion. This is really very powerful material.
Not for anybody: attitude, ba**s and some care are requested.
But its level is. (No adjective needed).

Tonight I present my new show; by the w/end I'll post my review (along with the long-promised one about Q&A -sorry, Paul).
'People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition
end by starving the best part of the mind' -William Butler Yeats
Joshua J
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Quote:
On 2011-10-14 04:02, Voodini wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-10-13 23:24, dmoses wrote:

Hi Dave. It's a fair question to ask. The difference this time is that we are dealing with past life regression, remote viewing, and clairvoyance (amongst other things). On the one hand this is super-powerful material that goes far beyond palm reading etc.

I'm still getting good mileage out of the palm reading book and evening. I'm enjoying what I've read so far of the new book. All of Paul's work I've read you can tell comes from vast experience and is well worth the price. The cost of his whole back catalogue, even with the new book, could be earned back in a couple of shows. I'm hoping to make it to the seance in York next month as I know he's worth watching and hope to see more of his material in action.
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Move on people... nothing to see here. Pay no attention to this. Oh, look! I think I see a new electronic gizmo over there! What is THAT!?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18244 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It is a thoroughly enjoyable read, as well a full tilt guide on how to me a true psychic entertainer... and lovely to see published in this modern world of psychological illusionary...

gimme the old school any time of the day...paul is a gentleman, a scholar, and no doubt an acrobat too...

he likes northern soul so he's gotta be able to spin about a bit at least...like a human planchette..
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2184 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Thanks fellows.

No doubt there's lots of great material there.
And I'm with you Iain. It's nice to see some good old-fashioned psychic entertaining!

best

dave
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:
On 2011-10-14 16:47, dmoses wrote:
It's nice to see some good old-fashioned psychic entertaining!

Ain't no skool like da old skool! Smile
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
The difference between this and some earlier stuff is that the material here is as close to real as you will get. I have seen some of this in action, and it hits hard. Probably another thing to bear in mind is that Reader of Minds and Pure Q&A are underpriced - thankfully.
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Can someone describe or point me to a description of Kiss of the Clairvoyant? Thanks!
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Nevermind, found it in you're getting sleepy...
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Corfu, Greece
577 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
Hi Paul,

Congratulations on the new book, it looks a winner!

Looking forward to spending some time with you on 24th November.

All the best,
Alan
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
This is fantastic work. I will be offering shamanic journeys to my participants.
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
I dove into the deep end and purchased this work with no knowledge of Paul's other works. My leap of faith has paid off, this book is brilliant! Fans of Finley and Enriquez will find much of value here. I almost hate to see this available. I would have loved to have naively stumbled into a performance of Paul performing Kiss of the Clairvoyant with no knowledge of him or this routine. I also really love both the past life regression and remote viewing routines in here. This book is very well structured, and all necessary details intricately explained. Maybe not to others, but for me this is an instant classic. I wonder how this Voodini fella escaped my radar for so long?
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Thanks for all the kind words. It's rather humbling. Smile
www.readerofminds.co.uk
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2184 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Hey folks...

First: I bought this and it's great.

Second: I have to admit that once I ordered I still had no clear idea what this manuscript was about... even after several people told me the effects that it contained... I've known "time travel", "past life" and "spectator as mind-reader" effects that I wouldn't pay a dollar for... and I've known "breakthrough principles" that are neither breakthrough nor principled. (yeah I know, I'll stop). it wasn't until I read Jerome's forward that I kinda knew what I was getting in for... and I breathed a sigh of relief. And as I read I could understand why others weren't more forth coming... it's difficult to describe things here without giving a lot away... but at the same time, if I did describe it to you-- you would still need/want to read this book.

So... I'll just say, there are several of you out there, with whom I've corresponded, who are on the same page as I am in terms of taste, approach and goals in/to/for performing mentalism. You are familiar with and like the works of Jerome Finley, Anthony Jacquin and Enrique Enriquez...

This is for you. You will love it.

You're going to learn a particular approach/technique/principle(!) and several different ways Paul has applied it. And to clarify-- there is no Remote Viewing or Past Life "effect"-- and I think that's where I was confused. You will help an audience member experience a Past Life... or View Remotely... while the audience watches. When articulated that way some of you maybe be put off-- that's fine and a cue that you should not bother with this material.

But there are many more who should pass this by: If you're new to mentalism, if you don't perform for the public, if you perform mostly one-on-one for people, if you are not comfortable with the idea that your strongest effect of the evening may not be "100%". And that's not to disparage anyone or any performing style. Mentalism is a big tent and there's room for many different approaches.

And while I say all that there is no doubt that you may learn some fantastic stuff... but if you're unsure, I'd recommend investing in some of Paul's other stuff first: starting with a Magician's Guide to Palm Reading... it's cheap, it's fun and you'll have a ball. If you don't, or even if the title alone puts you off this is definitely not for you.

that's it... thanks again for the recommendations, and for Paul particularly for reaching out in such a civil way.

best

dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Midnight side of the mind - Paul Voodini (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL