The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A.D.A.C.A.N (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
The A.C.A.A.N routine has become some-what of a holy grail for most magicians. The effect is as simple as it gets; a deck is placed on the table, the spectator is invited to name any card from within a deck along with any number between 1 and 52. They are then invited to count down to that number in the deck and, low and behold, the card they named is at that number. A simple plot, right? So I need to ask a simple question; why are there so many methods out there so over thought?
What sets my own apart? Well when creating this I gave myself a very strict set of rules which are as follows.
Only one deck may be used
The deck may not be gimmicked
The deck may not be stacked
The deck can be borrowed and incomplete( missing cards)
You never handle the deck!
The spectator can shuffle it if they want
It had to take up as little pocket room as possible
In this download I do this and you get every detail you need to do an Any card at any number with a borrowed and shuffled deck. You do need something to facilitate the effect but it takes up next to no extra pocket space and it will allow you to repeat the effect with different cards and different numbers. This trully is an acaan where you NEVER touch the deck!
Quotes:
"Alan has approached the ACAAN plot with some abstract thinking that has left him with this solid and practical handling of ACAAN. Think about this for a second... you actually borrow any deck of cards, never touch it, have someone shuffle the deck, then deal down to their selected card at their at chosen number... just let that sink in. ADACAN does exactly what it says on the tin. This is strong magic." - Lloyd Barnes
"An any card at any number where the magician truly never touches the deck. Infact that deck can be borrowed! let that sink in for a mintue. Alan has created a thing of absolute beauty with adacan! " -Dee Christopher
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Sounds awesome! I sort of collect ACAAN plots. I'm sure thiswould be great to add. Just to be clear, it DOES require a gimmick?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Id say yes. buts its not what you think! not at all lol You know what. Im in 2 minds if you would call it a gimmick or not. As I say in the ad copy. you need to have something on you but It takes up next to no pocket space.
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Ok haha I'll PM you
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
Possible to have a demo?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Ill try n get one shot for you guys but its an any card at any number using a borrowed and shuffled deck. They take a deck. the shuffle it, the magician never touches it. They choose a card and number between 1 and 52. Then they count down and its their card.
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
What does ADACAN stand for anyway?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Any deck, Any card, Any number
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Awesome thanks. Seems like a great concept. Especially if it's completely hands off.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Prediction : this thread will reach 10 pages!

well done Alan, Im looking forward to this demo.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Sounds great Alan! Waiting for a demo too... Hope not to be disappointed, as always (except John Born, Berglas and Matt Johnson's methods, which are my top 3) Maybe you will enter in this top three Smile Is there something missing in the advert? Because it looks "too" perfect!
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Well as I said. I'll see what I can do on the demo front. May not get one shot for a week or two but I'll do my best. Busy wee soul as of late
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Are the card and the number freely chosen, or thought? Because in the ad it is written "their selected card", that means the card is not freely thought of?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I wouldn't call it free. There is no equivoqe or anything like that and it can instantly be repeated with any other card in the deck with any other number though. Everything appears absolutely free also. Vuage answer I guess but that's as honest as I can be without giving away the method.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2011-08-26 04:17, Alan Rorrison wrote:
I wouldn't call it free.

For the number or for the card? Smile
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Just want to chime in quickly here. It is tricky to sort of say how they arrive at their chosen number and card. Every single time, it's a different card and number and it's not any super obvious force. Describing what happens would be giving it away but when it happens to the audience, it's not suspicious at all and it's very very practical. When the effect is done and they're sitting there bewildered, the way they chose the card and number will be totally over looked.

I know it's a vague description but when you take a look at this you will understand why. One thing I will say, is that this is a work horse and allows you to focus so much on presentation. I don't think anyone will be disappointed with this and I'll be surprised if most of you don't use this.

Lloyd
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Well, I have purchased this effect. Here is my quick review:

Presentation: you get a 10 pages pdf file + extra things (pictures) to do the effect, in which everything is explained clearly. There are pictures included in the text to make the text easier to follow. Credits are present so it's a good thing, although I would have added Jay Sankey.

Method: the method is quite nice, and the use of the gimmick is nicely justified, the spectator won't realize anything. The choice of card and number really appear to be freely chosen, and most spectators won't realize their choice was not free (but I guess that some of them will realize the method if they try to "get" you on a particuliar point: I cannot enter into detail without exposing, so I stay quite vague). The best thing after all is that you really never touch the deck and you can focus on your presentation, which is great!

I could use it in future, altough I am not sure about that because other methods involving only one deck and (really) freely chosen card/number are better (it's only my opinion of course).

But for 12€ you can obviously get it if you are a ACAAN fan Smile

Overall rating: 7/10, great thinking Alan Smile
Gaaargh
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Gaaargh
Thanks for the review!
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1312 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
This is certainly different to the conventional methods. No memory work or stacks involved. Hardly anything to carry around so pocket space is indeed good. An unusual take on the plot but it works. As mentioned above, its a bargain at this price. Good job Alan!
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Magic SMS 2: http://apple.co/2nuxewr
Notion of Motion: http://www.risingcard.co.uk
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver Canada
959 Posts

Profile of A.G.
I was very happy and surprised to read Alan's innovative and direct approach to this effect....If anyone that has this understands how the spectator can be led to thinking, " how did I do that " you will take this to another level.

that is all,

wonderful effect.

Andrew Gerard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A.D.A.C.A.N (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL