The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A.D.A.C.A.N (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Thank you for all the great feedback I'm happy you are all liking this one.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Just noticed there was no link. how embarrassing lol http://www.alanrorrison.com/Adacan.html there you go
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18581 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I have to say, I wasn't too keen...i get that it works as advertised and its all true - I just didn't like the "You do need something to facilitate the effect"... just a personal thing though I reckon...good quality instructions and definitely miles better than some other acaans out there...
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Hade a few site issues.. All fixed now
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
926 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Alan has a very good mind for magic in general so when he decided to tackle a card plot familiar to us all I was pretty stoked to see what he did with it. The any card at number plot is a classic and Alan has found a way to bring in a very clever method that will work for anyone. The method is simple but as Vernon used to say K.I.S.S or Keep It Simple Stupid.

Do yourself a favor and pick this up today and add it to your weekend list of goodness.
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
Looks like Vernon had some background in the marketing Luke Smile

Sounds like you've done a great job again Alan! I'm buying it ASAP!

R.
UK Close-up and cabaret magician based in Scotland - www.radekmakar.co.uk
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Cheers folks. I am super happy with the feed back I'm getting for this. Thank you so much. Grab it while its hot folks
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
923 Posts

Profile of tenchu
The conditions are great, no doubt about that, but "You do need something to facilitate the effect" part...

It's either something ingenious or something pretty basic and well known so that's why you don't want to reveal what is this "something" (there's no description of the card/number picking procedure so one "classic" method immiedietaly came to my mind). But hey, it's 10p right? Good luck.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I beleive the quote that Mark Elsdon just send me will answer that!

"Adacan is great! An ingenious solution that meets all the conditions. Congratulations on devising such a simple but devious method. "- Mark Elsdon
Mad_Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
France
300 Posts

Profile of Mad_Lewis
I just finished reading my copy. I have to say I feared to fell upon another acaan version I will not use, but I think I'll give a try to this one. I tried to imagine what laymen would think during this routine and I think they will say it's pretty strong. Everything is crystal clear for the spectator and this is maybe the first time I like the use of... what is used in it ^^

I would have liked a longer pdf with more details, tips and variations because it feels really direct and to the point but anyway, the method is good. Nothing really new in it but Alan has the merit of putting some ideas together to get this routine right. It really does what the ad says, I don't feel mislead at all.

good points :
-the effect is quite direct and to the point
-it is clean and baffling for the spectator
-easy to do (maybe a little audience management)
-the method is ingenious, you'll wish you thought of that because most of you will recognise all the ideas in it.
-the ad is accurate

bad points :
-the pdf file is a bit short
-you need something more than just a deck, but hey... Alan warned you !
-... I'm still looking for something more to say in the bad points but... I can't find one ^^

All in all, a nice practical and accurate acaan routine. I give ADACAN a 9/10 !

Louis
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2624 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Alan,

I just purchased your A.D.A.C.A.N
I think it's really brilliant out of the box thinking.

Instead of using the sharpie and card system (if you've bought this you'll know what I mean), here's how I will perform it.

Take a regular deck of cards and mark the backs of the cards with numbers from 1 to 52.
Have a spectator shuffle and examine those cards. When you take the cards back you do some "additional" over hand shuffles.

Have a card "selected" face up . . . "you will randomly choose a number".
Have another spec "select" a face down card . . . "you will randomly select a card"

Have the spectator holding the borrowed shuffled cards count down to the "randomly" selected number to discover the chosen card.

As an added bonus, 1 out of 52 times the "selected" number will have the selected card on the other side.

Greg Rostami
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Happy you liked it Greg. nice idea but the main point of my criteria was to be as hands of as possible. But agian nice idea
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2011-08-27 11:49, Greg Rostami wrote:
Hi Alan,

I just purchased your A.D.A.C.A.N
I think it's really brilliant out of the box thinking.

Instead of using the sharpie and card system (if you've bought this you'll know what I mean), here's how I will perform it.

Take a regular deck of cards and mark the backs of the cards with numbers from 1 to 52.
Have a spectator shuffle and examine those cards. When you take the cards back you do some "additional" over hand shuffles.

Have a card "selected" face up . . . "you will randomly choose a number".
Have another spec "select" a face down card . . . "you will randomly select a card"

Have the spectator holding the borrowed shuffled cards count down to the "randomly" selected number to discover the chosen card.

As an added bonus, 1 out of 52 times the "selected" number will have the selected card on the other side.

Greg Rostami

Your description is identically to 2704 by Tommy.

MP
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1855 Posts

Profile of Platt
Very clever approach to ACAAN. While this technique dates back to Tarbell and has been marketed (generally as an impossible prediction) many times since, there are a couple of things going on here which I think distracts from the method at play. Some will find the selection process a touch contrived, so I imagine it will take some good acting/wording to sell the rationale for such an approach. Of course until I try it, I can’t say anything for certain. Overall, I have no regrets for the purchase. Nice job, Alan.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
CFol
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of CFol
I'm very interested in this and the positive reviews, but is the "extra something" going to be something I'll have to specially purchase from a magic shop, or will it be something easy to acquire?
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2011-08-27 18:17, CFol wrote:
I'm very interested in this and the positive reviews, but is the "extra something" going to be something I'll have to specially purchase from a magic shop, or will it be something easy to acquire?

It's pictures you print off......I hate to say it but I'm not a very big fan of this trick :/
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2011-08-27 18:39, MagicMaddy wrote:
I hate to say it but I'm not a very big fan of this trick :/

It is not a reason to expose the effect on a open forum MagicMaddy... It is totally inappropriate and disrespectful for the creator.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2011-08-27 19:18, doriancaudal wrote:
Quote:

It is not a reason to expose the effect on a open forum MagicMaddy... It is totally inappropriate and disrespectful for the creator.

Whoa now, I didn't expose anything, I'm pretty sure it's already been mentioned that you must print something off.
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2011-08-27 19:18, doriancaudal wrote:
Quote:

Actually it was YOU that mentioned it was pictures.

"Presentation: you get a 10 pages pdf file + extra things (pictures) to do the effect".................
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Right, but I never said it was the gimmick (pictures in the text) Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A.D.A.C.A.N (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL