The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » J Pragers New Peek Envelope (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
Quote:
On 2011-08-26 13:38, ElliottB wrote:
Yes it does. J., you seem to be on a creative streak. I’ve still been wanting to try out your memo pad peek, but have not been able to find a suitable pad. Could you please provide a link for where I can get the pads online (preferably inexpensively) ?

Elliott

PM sent.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2011-08-26 14:39, Mind_Magic wrote:
So, this effect will not be included in the 30% off..

Lol, it's only a $5-10 purchase mate

This does sound interesting Jose

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
I will send some review copies, please PM me if interested.
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
J.Prager, I was wondering... For how long you're doing professionnal mentalism ?
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
Quote:
On 2011-08-26 22:17, Stefmagic wrote:
J.Prager, I was wondering... For how long you're doing professionnal mentalism ?

Professionaly I have been performing for almost 2 years.

As a hobby I performed magic / mental magic since 13.
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
Anyone get a review copy?

Probably a good idea to send a copy to Cassidy.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I'm looking forward to this. The releases I've purchased so far have been creative and, on the whole, useful in real world situations. Granted, I'd rather see a single substantive book than half a dozen $5 downloads, but that's becoming more and more uncommon.
blackpine0008
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of blackpine0008
Waiting the release, I use Riggs´s envelope from his dvd.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." Joseph Dunninger
Jason Ketting
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Jason Ketting
Whens this released, sounds great...

I have a few envelope peeks I use already, so id be interested in seeing this.

JK
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
The sound of crikets.

Any word on this or did a review copy not go over so good?
blackpine0008
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of blackpine0008
Maybe he realize that his idea isn't new at all.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." Joseph Dunninger
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
Maybe... he did not send review copies.

Maybe... he is waiting for the response of some of the greatest minds in our field...

Maybe...
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of gmeister
OK, I don't need to defend José: his creative output has already done this. However . . .

Some of us remember the controversy that surrounded José's debut effect. He took responsibility for his mistakes and promised to learn from them. Unlike some others, I believe he really meant what he said. That's why I think he's actually soliciting advice from some of the Masters of our art.

Disclosure: José is a friend but that wouldn't stop me from being critical of him or one of his effects. Like you, I've been burned too many times and by much more "established" names. I've talked with him and I know what he wants to do with this. Can he do it? I'm not sure but given his creative mind, if anyone can, he can.

Would I have preferred that he kept his mouth shut until everything was perfected. Yes. Should that enthusiasm be held against him. No. I love the enthusiasm of youth (or he enthusiasm of any age). When it's ready, if it's ready, it will be released. And if it is releaseed, it will be sensational. If it isn't, there will be something else from him and that is sensational.

I believe it was Bob Cassidy who remarked on this time in mentalism when we have a lot of creative people redefining a number of things (my poor paraphrase, not Bob's words). Let's all be supportive and enjoy the bounty!
blackpine0008
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of blackpine0008
My intention was not being aggressive or harsh, just the true. Let´s see what will happen.
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
I am really looking forward to this and was really asking a question.

I hope all goes well and we see this soon!

Hopefully he sent a review copy to Cassidy. If Cassidy likes it, I am all over it like a fat kid on a cake.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2211 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I was sent a review copy and, as obtaining information from within an envelope is one of my favourite effects, I was very interested to see this.

First of all I was surprised to see the preparation necessary for the envelope. This to my mind is thinking out of the box but I duly tried it and prepared a few envelopes.

I then played about with the handling and when I was ready tried the effect out on my wife, duly getting the information she had written on the card.

The effect is certainly clever. The envelope can be shown and handled freely but am not sure I would give it to a spectator. Also, as with most things, you will need to practice and get the effect and routine right for you. My feeling is that it may be best for design duplication.

Being fond of envelope effects, I'll certainly be using this - the strength being that the envelope can be handled and shown freely and my wife (a stern critic) did not see anything amiss.

Neil
TonyBrand
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago, IL
480 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
I have also had the opportunity to review J's latest offering. While reading the preparation portion of the instructions, I had my doubts as to how this would work in practice. In theory, the construction (if you could call it that) of the envelope and methodology seemed pretty ingenious.

Having constructed my own envelope in under two minutes (very simple to create), I set out to see how it well it played in front of an audience. As expected, the reaction was very strong. Part of what adds to the strength of this method is the fact that the handling is so open and fair, as Neil points out above.

I may not be one of the greatest minds in our field, but I do know what I like...and I definitely like this. I see it finding a home in the repertoire of many performers.

Another wonderful job by Mr. Prager.

-Tony
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
612 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
I Got a copy of this too!

INGENIOUS!!!!

I loved it !

I am already thinking on many routines that can be done with this envelope. The preparation is so EASY! Almost instant.
And the envelope offers you a clear and easy handling.

Best Thing I have seen from Prager!

Nefesch
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2211 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Have just had chance to use this again and I appreciating the cleverness of it all the more. Handled well it is very clean and highly deceptive.
PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
When will these be available?
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » J Pragers New Peek Envelope (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL