The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » J Pragers New Peek Envelope (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Well, since we know the method (those of us who hadn't reached the conclusion that there are only so many ways to see into an envelope...), is there a likelihood that Mr. Prager will, perrhaps at a nominal cost, make available his innovation in the mode of preparing the envelope? That would be of use to me.
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
612 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:
On 2011-09-06 12:21, JohnWells wrote:
Well, since we know the method (those of us who hadn't reached the conclusion that there are only so many ways to see into an envelope...), is there a likelihood that Mr. Prager will, perrhaps at a nominal cost, make available his innovation in the mode of preparing the envelope? That would be of use to me.

I guess we will have to wait to see what he will do

Nefesch
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2011-09-06 11:20, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:

Personally I'm a bit tired of all the one-trick/one idea PDFs being put out constantly by so many, often without being tested for very long in the real world. What ever happened to compiling a book's worth of material, vetting it, testing and using it for more than a few weeks, and putting out something substantial?

I agree with this absolutely.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Why are specific methods now being discussed in the public areas of the forum?

This entire thread belongs in Inner Secrets.
Ross
View Profile
Elite user
Bristol
463 Posts

Profile of Ross
Quote:
On 2011-09-06 12:30, mastermindreader wrote:
Why are specific methods now being discussed in the public areas of the forum?

This entire thread belongs in Inner Secrets.

Seconded!
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
435 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
I am really glad Prager decided to release this effect.

As you can see here http://mindshocks.com/products/j-prager-forgotten-envelope it is available for purchase for a disgustingly low price!!!

Harrismatic
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I received a copy of the manuscript.

While I am not an expert on envelopes (far from it, actually,) the e-book contains an apparently cool idea for gimmicking one. I am a little embarrassed to say that I don’t own one of the necessary common items, but will definitely pick some up. I think it will be fun to try this out.

Elliott
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18262 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I bought it out of curiosity - pretty similar to my handling in The Beautiful Lie for the Black and White Picture show...but my envelope is ungimmicked...
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2843 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I can't imagine why you need to have the envelope gimmicked when you can use a method like the one Iain mentions...?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-09-15 17:20, Nicolino wrote:
I can't imagine why you need to have the envelope gimmicked when you can use a method like the one Iain mentions...?

Or why not just go ahead and use Corinda's Khan Envelope Test, or the Test of the White Dwarf- the two effects that I advised Mr. Prager to read before referring to his effect as "new" or "original"?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18262 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Indeed...and just to be clear, I wasnt saying I was inventing any of it! the khan envelope gets a credit in mine! I've just added a couple of subtleties tis all...
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1569 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
To paraphrase a well known Mentalist (known to anybody who is serious about the art) " A lot of the "New material" is simply regurgitated stuff done badly"!
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
Where can one find the khan envelope by Corinda? Is it in 13 Steps?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

"The Khan Envelope Test" used to be sold as a separate item by Corinda. Nowadays it can be found in volume One of Hull's "Encyclopedic Dictionary of Mentalism." You might also want to refer to my own "Test of the White Dwarf" which is in "The Art of Mentalism." (And also in Bascom Jones's "Magick")

Good thoughts,

Bob
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2843 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2011-09-15 17:34, innercirclewannabe wrote:
To paraphrase a well known Mentalist (known to anybody who is serious about the art) " A lot of the "New material" is simply regurgitated stuff done badly"!

Right. You can save yourself a lot of dough perusing your library of old books....
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Oh. Oh my. I was afraid that was the "secret preparation". Sometimes I hate being right. This is a good idea, but Mr. Prager had no business releasing it because it isn't his idea. Even the extra work that is "original" does not justify offering it as a product. The kerfuffle with "The Bite" is understandable, and Mr. Prager rectified the error. I'm not sure this is excusable.
blackpine0008
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of blackpine0008
So, he committed the same mistake.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." Joseph Dunninger
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
I have been receiving amazing feedback about my envelope (in private, to avoid attacks from the "pros".)

I am very satisfied with my creation, with "White Dwarf" or "The Khan Envelope Test" you use "cheap envelopes" while my Forgotten Envelope uses what appears to be a truly opaque envelope.

My envelope also gives you a more reliable and clear peek.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

What "attacks from the 'pros'?" Are you referring to those of us who advised you as to the full history of your effect and whose advice you chose to ignore?

Kindly do NOT ask for my advice in the future. This is (at least) the SECOND time you have released material based on the work of others without permission.

Also please note that "your" method of preparing an envelope has existed since the days of the early spirit mediums.

It is very interesting that the only question you asked me in your last email was whether or not I still used the "White Dwarf" in my act.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18262 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Can I have a refund, please...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » J Pragers New Peek Envelope (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL