The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Cosentino - Australia's Got Talent 2011 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Found this interesting video performance by Cosentino of Australia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ph0tb3gsW0&NR=1
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Thanks Chris, I Suggest folks watch some of the other ones that come up with this one. He looks good!

B
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
He got down to the final two in the final - lost out to a singer I think, but did incredibly well and carved out an incredible future for himself.
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
MagicalMotivator
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of MagicalMotivator
This guy is really good - what I really enjoyed was his creativity and the production values he used - great job - one of the best I have seen on a show like this.

MM
Rick Rossini The Magical Motivator
www.rossinimagic.com
www.magicalmotivator.com
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
On one of the clips a judge calls his act Magic meets Michael Jackson,seems like he'd be a hot ticket in Vegas.
FranciscoDancon
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of FranciscoDancon
This guy is going places....fast. If I could buy stock in his show I'd do it in a heartbeat. One heck of an entertainer who knows how to light up a crowd and get people excited! A true entertainer and I can't wait to see his show live one day!
MagicalMotivator
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

I actually get the impression of Johnny Depp doing Houdini. He creates (IMHO) this empowering sense of "escaping from our own chains that bind us" for the modern (media plus) culture - I would hope to think he will be doing quite well in the future - perhaps a "real" next generation Criss Angle (sorry Angel). Seriously, I really wish the best for him and his family - they obviously have worked very hard for this opportunity and his unique approach and talent is the best I have seen in a long time.

MM
www.rossinimagic.com
www.magicalmotivator.com
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Call me a naysayer, but this did absolutely nothing for me. More of the same; magician "dances" around props and demos them. No thoughtful presentation, no real communication with the audience.
It's all in the reflexes.
Rolf Reiner
View Profile
Loyal user
Mallorca - Spain
229 Posts

Profile of Rolf Reiner
I did not get the final effect... vanish?? If you don´t spin the prop around, what´s the point??? She might as well just duck behind the prop.

Recently on Spanish TV I saw a magician perform an elaborate routine where an assistant vanished inside a sword box type illusion. Except that the prop was also not revolved to show the back while the assistant was vanished. Pointless.

Magic thinking can get so conditioned that some guys lose touch with reality, as perceived by a normal person watching a show.
soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of soleil
Am I the only one who thinks this is not good magic? Shallow personallity, no inner script, lame presentation, poorly built act, strange illusion order etc... When I see the jury and the audience go so crazy about this guy I think I live on another planet! I don't want to be negative but I can't stay speechless when I see this... Sorry.
"Art is the Artist. The Artist is God."- Goete
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
No, you're not. I take it you didn't read my post above.
MagicalMotivator
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Illucifer, Soleil, Rolf,

Did you watch all of the different video clips? The first one was not the greatest.

MM
www.rossinimagic.com
www.magicalmotivator.com
Rolf Reiner
View Profile
Loyal user
Mallorca - Spain
229 Posts

Profile of Rolf Reiner
Hello Rick, My point was solely on the fact that, in my opinion, the audience should be able to see the back of a prop when a person vanishes into it. Watching some performers, it becomes obvious they disagree.
Cosentino´s style might not be my favorite, but certainly in today´s media culture he can sell very well.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O-9j6AAhD4&feature=related

I really liked the look of this prop!!
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
It's nice to see a magician who takes a little pride in the way he looks, under all that "style." ... If I see one more muffin top illusionist I'm going to want to vomit. Granted.. in 5 years, his style is going to have to change a bit.. and he'll have to get rid of the piercings when he's 35... Then again.. Criss Angel is pushing 50 and he's still got the rocker thing going...

The only part of the routine that I feel didn't have "inner dialog" was the opening cage appearance.. which made no sense at all to me... method or routine.
flight10
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of flight10
Yes, Cosentino dances in his routines and he can dance. Much better than a magician who tries to buy time by pointing to a prop and turning it 3 or 4 times to extend a 30 sec illusion to 3 mins. You have a very small window of opportunity on a show like this to leave a lasting impression. To the audience he made a girl appear, shrunk an assistant and made the girl disappear. I believe he delivered what they wanted. Hence the response from the audience. As magicians we are not from another planet, we just tend to analyze these things differently.

Down under we are limited in venues and not a lot of people in the indicatory want to back illusionists. Cosentino works hard and with backing from his family is able to keep himself on stage.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2011-09-03 19:08, w_s_anderson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O-9j6AAhD4&feature=related

I really liked the look of this prop!!

Thi is MIke Michaels' "Flytrap" - It looks WICKED!
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Thanks Fabio!!! I was wondering who built it. My first thought was Mike Michaels. I have not seen a single thing he has made that I didn't think looked phenominal.
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I like this guy, I think he is a great showman.

I also think it is great a magician made it to the final round.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
The staighjacket routine was, in my opinion, much, much better than the first bit I saw. Well done.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Cosentino - Australia's Got Talent 2011 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL