The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Best resource to properly learn the blockhead? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Quote:
On 2011-09-03 14:12, Kondini wrote:

I too have a GWR so you wanna blast me

Ken.

No, I would like to congratulate you, "Congratulations!".. now I have a question? Which do you treasure more? GWR or GTFM ..?
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

I once recieved a Medal...In '94 got the Bronze in the Exotic Animal category @ the Sarasota Circus Festival...They misspelled my name on it...It has been tough this year..Hope you hit a Red one...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On 2011-09-02 13:51, Harley Newman wrote:
Everybody's got an opinion. That's not the issue. Shouldn't forum readers be able to gauge the credibility of those who offer advice? When we discuss "sideshow" we often discuss stunts (even simple ones) that have potential to do significant bodily harm. This is not double lifts. It's very different than the other topic areas on this site.

Some performers use stage names, some don't. This corner of the world is not that huge. We tend to know, or know of each other. Outlaw, you wouldn't introduce yourself. I consider that suspect. If you want to play a cat-and-mouse game with your identity, that's your choice, but you discredit yourself by hiding behind a series of pseudonyms.

We didn't ask for the history of your life. We just wanted to know who you are, what kind of shows you've worked. It's our common ground here. You claim expertise, but mentioning a couple of things from your background does not confirm that. If I wanted my shoes fixed, would I go to an old guy who's been in business for 57 years, or a teenager who just got their first job in a sneaker store at the mall? Both of them have seen feet, but that does not make their knowledge equivalent.

I'm not saying that all of your advice is wrong...but it IS misguided. This is a public forum. Often, we have lurkers who are underage kids looking for ways to show their friends how freaky they can be.

If you give instruction, you are responsible when they screw up. Some might say "No, it's their choice". To some extent that's true. But if you gave a grenade to a drunk depressed soldier, you'd be complicit if he blew himself up.
Good point. Let me introduce myself, I'm called the man with the million dollar hands.
I'm also called David Sweeney of Memphis Tennessee.
I've worked RAS, Gooding and numerous smaller shows.
I was the outside talker for John Bradshaw in the late eighties.
I don't perform anymore, but I still know a few things.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Nipps..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGFwGwV1lZc

Sorry to hear of your misfortune w/ Irene (I presume)..Is there anything We can do to Help?...
Evel Knievel

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Best resource to properly learn the blockhead? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL