The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Practical Psychic's Little Book Series by Neal Scryer & Richard Webster. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16 [Next]
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Understood Aligator but what is it you don't like.If you are a reader this is gold I would never sell it.But if readings is not your thing I can understand.But still hold on to it heard there a few copies left this one will go for twice as much as black.Good luck Aligator hope you find what your looking for.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2011-10-19 15:53, aligator wrote:
Although this is full of interesting ideas, much of it sadly is not applicable to my style and it is a little over hyped - not a lot, but a little. I even am having thoughts of selling mine but the investment side of it is giving me 2nd thoughts, especially considering what happened with the LBB on ebay. This requires further contemplation. I do promise that should I decide to sell that I will not scan or photostat - I have a good memory and besides, it would be hard on the binding. Need to think.

I'm certainly not having a go here, I'm just really curious!

cos you read the threads on the black book, and probably the first couple of pages of this one before buying it - AND the title(s) kinda give away what the books are about...how come it took a purchase to find out it wasn't your style?!

again, PLEASE don't take offence, I am honestly just curious that's all *smiles*
I've asked to be banned
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Fine point Iain makes much sense.All I know I would never sell this book even if I was offered 500 dollars.This is hardcore readings and mentalism. If this is not your thing you should not be purchasing anything on the subject.Aligator you have the right to do whatever you wish but Iain has made a fine point.

Aligator are you a first time reader if so you should not be starting with these books.These books are for the more advanced readers.Being a reader is the most difficult of all.Making a transition from magician or mentalist to being a reader is not as easy as you think it requires much work more than being a card manipulator and the greatest of love.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Well, I guess I was somewhat curious to see what all the hype and praise was about. And I do readings for fun and a little $$ but am no psychic or even close. I have not yet made a decision about selling but I can say that if anyone offered me $500 it would be gone quickly.

The book is full of much useful information though I do not feel it is anything groundbreaking. Most of what I find applicable to my own situation, I can remember, so keeping the book is not a necessity but it is still something one may want to retain, just because of the limited print run. I don't think it will ever appreciate 5x, but I could be wrong. It may well appreciate in value to some extent after it sells out. That's why it's a tough decision. Will read through it again this weekend before deciding.
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Give it another shot Alligator dig deep sometimes the second read is better than the first and might make more sense to you.You are a good man Alligator I like you and wish you all the best.i hope what you are seeking you will find.I know by the way you respond you will make the right decision for yourself.Good luck I sense you have the making of a great reader good luck to you .
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
I have decided to sell my copy. I guess I feel a bit like Bill Cushman in my uncertainty as to whether this is the right path for me. I rememember empathizing with Bill's post and it may well be that as was suggested to him that I am not meant to have this excellent book. Consequently, I am prepared to pass it on to someone who may put it to better use. I am not looking to make a profit and will turn it over for less(not much less) than what I paid. The book is as it was when received. No notes inside, binding intact as there was no scanning or photocopying. PM me if interested. An ad is being placed in Books for Sale.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I have the black book and the white book. Readings aren't what I really do. That being said the White Book lived up to my expectations.
john-pears
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of john-pears
Anything with Richard´s name printed is pure quality.
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
Attention: Owners of the Black and/or White Book...

...Scryer has a little something for you.

If you're interested, send me a pm and I'll fill you in.
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Quote:
On 2011-12-16 13:53, lostpoet wrote:
Attention: Owners of the Black and/or White Book...

...Scryer has a little something for you.

If you're interested, send me a pm and I'll fill you in.

PM sent ... but

Sounds suspect; anyone confirm this?
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of Isper
I sent a PM as well. I guess we shall see...
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
Quote:
On 2011-12-16 21:21, kannon wrote:

PM sent ... but

Sounds suspect; anyone confirm this?

It sure does!
I have found lostpoet to be dangerous, dishonest and full of BS.
I would certainly stay away from him.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
One day! as a young teenage boy while walking in the Combat Zone of Boston on my way to watch Kung Fu movies, an old man in a raincoat called me over and said he had a little something or me. Needless to say, I did not stick around and asked the guard at the theater, JC (a rather big and intimidating man) to look out for this guy.

I did not accept a 'little something' back then, and never questioned my decision; I'm not going to change now.

Tony
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
Wow! Thanks...
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

100% true story. JC was built like a tank with a bad attitude. He was a customer of mine at Little Jack Horners and knew me, that god.
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
In this day... There's not an old man in a raincoat. I've been in this combat zone (the Café) longer than you have.
I share private things privately. The pm button is here for that reason.

If you are not interested, fine! I took that into account when I said "If you're interested, send me a pm and I'll fill you in."
There is no need to make something out of nothing! You could have simply ignored my post if you were not interested!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Sorry for sharing a personal experience that your post rekindled. Perhaps, like a gremlin, I should not post after midnight.

No offense was intended.

Tony
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
Thank you, I appreciate that...

Smile
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I talked with Neal and he told me the new news, is nothing to regret Tony.

Good story BTW, haha.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
What is Neal doing these days he has been quiet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Practical Psychic's Little Book Series by Neal Scryer & Richard Webster. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL