The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Practical Psychic's Little Book Series by Neal Scryer & Richard Webster. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Mine was signed by Eshla
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18680 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Ok, got a bit of time...here's some thoughts...

what strikes me most profoundly about the book, are three things...

1) this is pure psychic entertainment
2) the key is "you"
3) the beautifully simple and interesting plots and ploys

and by buying this book, you have enough material to create at least complete acts if you really wanted to...

there's variety, there's pendulum work, cards, photos, envelopes, readings...just about every base is covered one way or the other...

I think the trap some of us fall into (i have in the past) is incubating ourselves and only mixing with other like-minded individuals... we forget how potent simplicity is...and this book is a masterclass in it really....

I have two "special boxes", one I keep the stuff I use regularly in (pads, envelopes, nefarious devices), and the other I keep my most treasured little artifacts in, keepsakes from people I have met, and copies of books I love and always go back to...both the black and white books are in there...right next to a lovely peacock patterned tarot bag and some al baker booklets...

love both books, and have invigorated me a great deal...thank you mr scryer and webster..
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1026 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Lucky lotto is my favorite idea in the book at the moment.
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Just to add my voice to the chorus of praise for both the black book and the white book. Both wonderful and have pride of place in my collection.
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
David Rhodes
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of David Rhodes
I have nothing but praise for the work in both the black and white books however Michael Weber's idea is unbelievable. The best part about it is it can easily adapt within Neal's established routines.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18680 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm going to start my third read through tonight...too many good ideas in the books to decide on what I want to add at the moment...
Anansi
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Anansi
White arrived today.

Ceremonial opening in half an hour!
ars est celare artem
Sir. Mind Reader
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Sir. Mind Reader
Does anybody know if any dealer has unsold copies of the Black version? I want to try and get hold of a copy, but there is no sign of it on ebay/magicweek. Any pointers are gratefully received.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Got my White book... yay! Smile
I see a lot of stuff that looks perfect for me.

I would like to discuss one topic, about the first chapter in the white book and the first two chapters in the black book, with anyone who is willing. Especially those who present, perform and/or read as actual psychics (which is presumably a lot of us here).
I have one small hang-up that is partially answered in white book, but I'd like to discuss it with someone.
If you'd be interested in sharing and discussing some thoughts on this please PM me.

Thanks
-CK
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
916 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Stevensmagic.com did have the last copy of the black book early last week but I do not know if they still have it.
I know that Doug Dyments deceptionary has no more copies.

Worth checking Stevens magic.

Regards
Dr Rob.
cassius2m
View Profile
New user
Simi Valley, CA
68 Posts

Profile of cassius2m
After many disappointing trips to the mailbox my copy arrived yesterday. I only made it the short way to Michael Weber's contribution. That excellent idea was enough for me to set the book down and experiment for the rest of the night.

-Clay
Sir. Mind Reader
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Thanks Dr. Rob, I will check with them!
blackpine0008
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of blackpine0008
My next big book will be this one!
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." Joseph Dunninger
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Isper
Both books are outstanding! The Black Book helped take my readings and interactions with people to a whole new level while improving the overall experience for my sitters. After reading the White Book, I am excited to start using some of the ideas and see what new directions that takes me. Thank you to Neal and Richard for gifting readers and mentalists with these two gems!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10574 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hmmm this entire thread belongs in inner thoughts - letting anyone know about these books who isn't realli into the art is almost a sacrilege

On the other hand - those not into it who get it won't understand and think it's crap

Ah a true magical tome series Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Sir. Mind Reader
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Well Stevens is totally sold out. If anyone is looking to offload their copy let me know.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Quote:
On 2011-09-08 10:41, Sir. Mind Reader wrote:
Well Stevens is totally sold out. If anyone is looking to offload their copy let me know.

A copy just sold here in the last half hour. In the immortal words of David Lee Roth, everybody wants some.

By the way, Sir. Mind Reader is the most hardcore screen name I've seen from a new member for awhile. Bam!
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1569 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Hmmm, Mike, let me guess who might have gotten it!
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
916 Posts

Profile of DrRob
So where was The Black Book sold to ?
Sir. Mind Reader
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Mike - Now I'm worried, screen names only become more laughable as they become more hardcore!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Practical Psychic's Little Book Series by Neal Scryer & Richard Webster. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL