The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Practical Psychic's Little Book Series by Neal Scryer & Richard Webster. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..14~15~16 [Next]
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Or maybe there will just be a second print run...
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2011-09-10 18:41, Davit Sicseek wrote:
Or maybe there will just be a second print run...

dunno if there will be...

however, look what happened to the chadwick book, and the derren books...the first editions are still sort after, and fetch a high price...
I've asked to be banned
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
According to Scryer's friends there will be no more after they are gone that's it.But I guess best person to ask is Mr.Webster.Also Iain makes a fine point.
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Hmmm investment you say?? Would be better than keeping the money in the bank at current interest rates.

Ordering my second when I get home. Smile
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:

Ordering my second when I get home. Smile

A very wise move! It's safer than money in the bank these days!
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Wouldn't be a bad idea.
I saw someone requesting the black book recently and thought, "hey I could make soem money on this."

But of course that would mean that I wouldn't have the black book anymore... so no dice.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Actually... If I were Scryer... I would hold back 20 copies and let them sit for 10 years Smile

For sale: MINT condition copy of 'The White Book' by Neal Scryer. Never opened... and been sealed in plastic since its purchase. Smile

Yep. that's what Im going to do to.
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Given its low production values, "mint condition" is unlikely to mean much.

Like Goldstein's color books of yore, it'll be desirable for its combination of sterling content and pure scarcity, rather than as a beautiful physical artifact -- which it just isn't.

Heck, the cover stock on my copy appears to have been cut with a dull blade. Interior design style appears to be an almost vanilla printout from MS Word. And the spurious linebreaks in Docc Hilford's preface suggest it was cut and pasted straight from an email, then never even glanced at before publication.

But hey, Richard Webster's approach is to publish great ideas in a no-frills style. At least it isn't comb-bound!
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Well... considering that, regardless of the way it has been produced... if un used and sealed in plastic, I can still say it is in mint condition Smile

The original 'Pure Effect' was a spiral bound book. Not much production value at all... yet I still need to spend hundreds of dollars to get one. I would imagine that it would fetch even more should it be in an absolute prisitne, unused state?

Anyway... my previous post was in partial jest. Still going to buy a second one though. Heck.. I spend more than a hundred dollars a week on coffee and eating out.. and all I get in return is sleepless nights and heart burn Smile
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
What counts is the material that's in the book not the quality of Print. Anyway I bought two copies I can guarantee you in a month or two everyone will be seeking this book and they will be paying a hefty dollar.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I'm still tempted to buy these books. But haven't. I may wait till this thread is on page 10.
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:
On 2011-09-12 09:33, bevbevvybev wrote:
I'm still tempted to buy these books. But haven't. I may wait till this thread is on page 10.

Really, you should get them. There's a lot of material in the books that you would absolutely love.
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Mr. Voodini earlier someone mentioned to start a private chat I am starting to think that is a wise idea.Reason more I notice here I just sense certain people here are not qualified for such high caliber material.Maybe we should consider that to much is being said here.I myself would of never released this work would of kept it to myself.
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2011-09-12 14:50, CarlZen wrote:
Mr. Voodini earlier someone mentioned to start a private chat I am starting to think that is a wise idea.Reason more I notice here I just sense certain people here are not qualified for such high caliber material.Maybe we should consider that to much is being said here.I myself would of never released this work would of kept it to myself.

Im not sure too much has been said yet... but when the books finally go out to everyone... its HUSH time folks. Could we move the conversation somewhere else?
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
I agree Paul I feel the same way.Maybe it's me but I am envious to see others with this work.Maybe I am to greedy but let me leave it at that.
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
I finally got around to reading this and just like the first book this one is great.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Erase this thread - delete it I say - to mention this book is almost like exposure! I am happy Mr Scryer will get the proceeds but once its sold can can we pretend they were all burned by witchfinders and as Paul said - take this somewhere else?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
I agree Dr.Spektor.
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
I whole heartily agree, maybe Iain will see this and delete the whole topic when he hears that the last white book is sold.
Wink Wink

" Evil Laugh "
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
I was thinking imagine a book Scryer and Jerome but would have to be underground limited to real workers perhaps 100 copies.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Practical Psychic's Little Book Series by Neal Scryer & Richard Webster. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL