The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New effect, Bold Assembly, coming soon from The Blue Crown (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1224 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2011-08-31 19:37, Cameron Francis wrote:
I so want to get this but have to work through a bunch of other stuff I've acquired first. Gotta have a little discipline! Smile

Just watched the download, well worth giving in and downloading this Smile
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Phoenix, Az
380 Posts

Profile of atucci
Quote:
On 2011-08-31 17:49, Iain Moran wrote:
I purchased this a couple of hours ago, but the download link simply doesn't work!

I hope someone at Blue Crown gets back to me soon so I can start working on this brilliant routine.

Iain.

Iain - I too had a download issue which was quickly resolved after contacted customer service. FYI: Once you have a link to download through, you'll need to turn off any installed apps that accelerate your downloads.
Tony Tuccillo

Phoenix, AZ
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5259 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I just watched the demo and am VERY impressed. The routine is an outstanding example of streamlined, no-fluff construction with perfect blocking and economy of motion. I haven't seen the other routines, but personally, I wouldn't want to complicate the routine in the demo because I don't think that it needs to be improved. Congrats, Ben!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-08-31 22:13, Larry Davidson wrote:
I just watched the demo and am VERY impressed. The routine is an outstanding example of streamlined, no-fluff construction with perfect blocking and economy of motion. I haven't seen the other routines, but personally, I wouldn't want to complicate the routine in the demo because I don't think that it needs to be improved. Congrats, Ben!

I believe that is pretty much Ben's thoughts. The alternatives, I believe, simply came from his years refining the ideas behind the routine in the trailer. I believe what he initially started with was the main streamlined idea, and worked from there, eventually returning to, and perfecting, imho, the routine you see here.
But I don't want to speak for Ben.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
I offered to give a review of The Blue Crown’s latest offering, so here it is!

Bold Assembly by Ben Train

$9.95 from The Blue Crown: http://www.TheBlueCrown.com

In the last few months, new magic ‘boutique’ ‘The Blue Crown’ has been forging a reputation with such brilliant DVDs and downloads as ‘Centrifugal’ (Magick Balay), ‘The Brick Pass’ (Alex Pandrea) and ‘Cannibal’ (Kevin Reylek). I was very intrigued when I found out about their latest offering: ‘Bold Assembly’ by Ben Train. The trailers and teasers were very exciting, and I was not disappointed…

The download is shot in a studio in a simple and classical manner. The quality is sublime and the editing and effects used are very well executed. In addition, the download took no time to buffer and downloaded very quickly. All the teaching is very in – depth and is easy to learn from.

The first part of the download portrays the trailer, featuring a demo video of Ben Train performing ‘Bold Assembly’ beautifully, with classical music accompanying him. This whets your appetite, to see what is to come! Each chapter of the video is started with a artistic title display, which I was very fond of. We are then launched into an introduction of the basic effect, and Ben credits to an extremely detailed extent. I am pondering why he did not state the creator of the assembly plot (merely because I think it would be interesting to know) but it may be because his trick is a very unique take on the plot, and different to the original method.

We are then taken into an explanation of the assembly – the predominant trick on the download. The method is completely ingenious, and I love the simplicity, boldness and beauty which it has to offer. Al though there is a bold move (2 in fact), Ben goes through how to cover this effortlessly. The one thing that could have been in there would be a quick tip on the techniques of the first move, to make it neat. (Anyone who owns the download should know what I am talking about). Apart from that, we are treated to a commercial, beautiful and clever rendition of the plot. I like it very much!

Next, Ben shows a few ways on how to make the trick progressive so as the reveals build up to the magic moment. These tips are really nice, and definitely add to the trick. He also shows how one can incorporate a transposition for the final Ace. This method also utilises an easier cover for the first bold move. I also like this!

Finally, Ben goes over ‘Bolder Assembly’, which is another effect on the download. I like this very much, because the Kings magically transpose in the spectator’s hands, with the Aces magically being produced at the end. The patter and presentation is very logical. The one thing I am not so keen on is the method for the transposition – many discrepancies are involved. A discrepancy is also involved in the ‘Bold Assembly’, which I happened to notice, even though Ben says that no one (magician or layman) has or will notice. It was probably by chance that I noticed it, and I am sure it flies by spectators.

Overall, this is a very well – produced download, with two brilliant assemblies which I will definitely use and work. Both are simple and beautiful, and avoid most of the clichés and overused methods that are usually incorporated in an assembly routine. You can see that this has been thought about and worked, and I personally love it. I believe all card magicians will really like these ideas and tricks based on the assembly plot.

I rate this 9/10!

Best wishes,

Kyle
martyjacobs
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1052 Posts

Profile of martyjacobs
Watched this last night. Love it (will be using it). Seeing as Kyle has done such a detailed review I won't bother; here's my one sentence review instead:

Most direct method for an ace assembly in existence!

Marty
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6903 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Kyle, I don't think anyone knows who created the assembly plot. One of those plots that's been around for ages. Could be wrong, though...
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Woops, my bad!
Sorry Ben!

Kyle

P.S Glad you're digging the review Marty!
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1224 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
The Bolder assembly is were I think the value is. The effect makes more sence for those who want more bang for their buck. All the handlings are clean and well thought out. Each (phase) of the assemblies roll into each other without any awkward or unneeded(if that's a word)handling of the packets. I love the added sucker punches for magicians. Ben teaches you how to take fellow magicians down a path to where they think they know what's going on and then BANG, Tadda the Aces are gone. Awesome value, Awesome instruction and an Awesome Ace assembly to add to your set. Get this download, you will be happy you did. Another thing I really enjoyed is that you can see how much Ben loves the art. And his list of credits show me that he also respects the art as well. Not to many magicians research and give credit nowadays.

Jeremy Hanrahan.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I'm glad to hear that the few people who had problems with the download had their issues resolved quickly. I know
the staff at The Blue Crown has been swamped the last couple of days (which makes me
happy too!).

Kyle, regarding the first laying down sequence... you're 100% right- I should have spent a little more time on that. I haven't heard from anyone that they were having any problems, but if you or anyone else wants more detail please don't hesitate to ask!

As far as routining goes, the idea was to teach the way I do it and then share with you things that I developed, both tools and strategies, to help you develop your own routines. To hear people are already starting to do that is fantastic.

Finally, as far as crediting goes, yes, I think it's super important. The sources I provide are everything from first published sources, first routines to use the T-formation, routines that inspired mine and even just some cool ones. My hope is that of you're curious you'll checked out those texts as well.

Thanks for the support guys, and I'm glad to hear you're using fun with this!

Ben Train and The Blue Crown
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1224 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I didn't think there was much more needed to explain the first lay down sequence? It's one of those things you just need to do and move on. If you don't't pay attention to it, no one else will.

Jeremy
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Jeremy I meant so that the ca**s don't s*l*t
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1224 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Pm'd you Kyle.
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Oops! Just got my internet hooked up in my new apartment. Ben is at camp taking care of business and probably fooling everyone there with the assembly...dam him for being so slick! Anyway, I'll definitely answer anymore questions you guys may have until Ben gets back, I'm sure there's a lot of things he would like to say based on all the awesome feedback!

Thanks!
Alex^
Tyler Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
Calgary
123 Posts

Profile of Tyler Wilson
Hey Guys,
I simply cannot express in words how much I love Ben Train. So I'll try with Haiku:

Real men flick fingers.
Ben Train flicks brains and senses.
Thus, he's no real man.

If you're looking for a “moveless,” direct, streamlined assembly that will get you attention from ladies who love T-Formations, then stop reading this and go get Ben's Bold Assembly. Expect to have your brain flicked.

Tyler Wilson
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
TYLER MAN! YOUR PRESENCE PREVENTS ME FROM USING CASE DISCRETION!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHH !!!!11! @ @!1!!!
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
And by the way Tyler, you need to move back to canada.

Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Tyler is too busy rocking the stage in Spain, and exchanging saliva with British tourists. Not like that, it's just Sweeotch.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Hey everyone!

Camp is AWESOME! I got to jam with a FISM champion, hang out with Eric Jones, talk with Lee Asher and Wayne Houchin after seeing him (Wayne) perform his thread-from-eye trick for laypeople in a 500 seat theater... and so much more. It's intense.

I've also had the pleasure to contribute- teaching classes, sharing my material with people (including Bold Assembly), and performing on stage (what an honor to be part of that line-up!).

But the best part? The kids. They're so in love with magic. With the sharif, learning and performing. Just spending a few days with these guys recharges my proverbial magic battaries. And everyone feels the same way.

So my focus right now is this experience, and these kids. But when I get home I'll be posting answers to a few
great questions I've provided, and also a few missing credits I was directed to (thanks to those people for the help!).

As always, I'm available on facebook (Benzi Train) and here through PM. Speak to you soon!
Ben
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Great job Ben! Just finished watching the dl. This is going directly to my performing repertoire. Well worth the $9.95! My first Blue Crown download and a very happy customer. GO buy it now!

-Alex
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New effect, Bold Assembly, coming soon from The Blue Crown (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.53 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL