The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New effect, Bold Assembly, coming soon from The Blue Crown (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Trailer please! Smile
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I'm at camp right now with Eric Jones, Lee Asher and a host of other amazing talent and great kids. We can't wait to see you!

And, full trailer should be up today- I don't know when exactly but I promise I'm as excited as you all are!

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Ok!
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hey guys. The full preview, along with the download itself, are scheduled to go live at 6PM eastern time (2.5 hours from the time of this post).

This is some great work by Ben, I'm sure you guys will love it!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Looking forward to seeing this. I LOVE assemblies!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Me too!
Looking forward to it!
Why 2.5 hours!
1 hour and I would see it before the night cometh.
Even 1.5 - 2.
Grrr... Smile

Something to look forward to in the 'morn!

Kyle
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Man I wish I was at camp Smile
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Yeah!
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
This is virtually identical to my 4 ace assembly routine that I have been teaching and performing for years now but props to Ben for independent creation just wanted to make a note of that for future intended purposes.

Shane
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Please enjoy Ben Train's Bold Assembly!

http://www.thebluecrown.com/store/tricks......ain.html

Also, by purchasing this download you have a chance to win the NEW crown decks featured in the trailer. Thanks everyone!

Alex^
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Hey Shane,

shoot me a pm- I'd love to hear more! For the record though I had this in print several years ago, but, like you said, it could just be a case of independant creation!

I hope everyone enjoys the download, enjoys the trick, and if they have any questions please don't hesitate to message me!

Best,
ben

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-08-30 18:04, shane.black wrote:
This is virtually identical to my 4 ace assembly routine that I have been teaching and performing for years now but props to Ben for independent creation just wanted to make a note of that for future intended purposes.

Shane

I'd love to see a performance Shane. I like the thinking behind this, and the streamlined approach, so I'd love to see someone else's work with that approach.

Also, for those who may even already know Shane's routine, or even Ben's earlier limited release of his on the Pebble, keep in mind that the routine shown in the trailer is just Ben's basic routine. Ben covers multiple alternative handlings, including "Bolder Assembly," and his takes on the O'Henry kickback, which I personally love.

shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
Hey guys the difference in this routine is the first steal mine utilizes an infamous Kenner move that most already use but allows me to flash the face of the ace packet before I lay the cards out but unbelievably I lay the cards out the exact same way which blew my mind very rarely is the handling from two creators that close. All in all the first move is completley different the only reason I kept this routine low key is the Kenner aspect and respect to him, as for a performance I have no issues with that but I'll a lot those that PM me to see it so I can keep it low key.

Peace,

Shane
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Hey Shane,

please shoot me a pm. Always happy to give credit where credit is due, so if you feel I've missed something just send me a message and I'll try and resolve it.

Thanks!
Ben

chris mayhew
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto ON, Canada
179 Posts

Profile of chris mayhew
This was the first trick Ben ever showed me, and since then we have become great friends. If he had shown me any of his other material we would probably be enemies right now. Only joking, Ben has killer stuff, and I can't wait until he releases more of it to the world. I love the structure and thinking behind this Ace assembly. On the download Ben shares so many great ideas, including different techniques and ways to vanish the aces as well as an entirely different way to do the assembly. It was the first trick he ever showed me, and I am glad it is the first trick he has shared with the world (Through video. He has a bunch of stuff in magazines) so they too can experience that same feeling I did when I saw it for the first time. Ben is a fantastic, friend, and an even better magician. Buy it now, I did and I already know the *** thing... That was dumb of me.
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
Quote:
On 2011-08-30 20:44, Ben Train wrote:
Hey Shane,

please shoot me a pm. Always happy to give credit where credit is due, so if you feel I've missed something just send me a message and I'll try and resolve it.

Thanks!
Ben

Sent bro.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Just to clarify- I spoke to Shane and his method is totally different (about as different as it could be and still be an ace assembly!)... which makes me happy- means it does what it's supposed to by fooling the pants off people. Smile

What you see is what anyone sees. No apperent displacing of the aces, no displacing of any cards before the deal, fairly show three cards as non-aces before laying them on the leader packet, etc.

I strongly believe that the method used is both highly original and different then what you may have seen used before in this plot.

Check it out at The Blue Crown. Smile

ben

alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Quote:
On 2011-08-30 21:28, chris mayhew wrote:
This was the first trick Ben ever showed me, and since then we have become great friends. If he had shown me any of his other material we would probably be enemies right now. Only joking, Ben has killer stuff, and I can't wait until he releases more of it to the world. I love the structure and thinking behind this Ace assembly. On the download Ben shares so many great ideas, including different techniques and ways to vanish the aces as well as an entirely different way to do the assembly. It was the first trick he ever showed me, and I am glad it is the first trick he has shared with the world (Through video. He has a bunch of stuff in magazines) so they too can experience that same feeling I did when I saw it for the first time. Ben is a fantastic, friend, and an even better magician. Buy it now, I did and I already know the *** thing... That was dumb of me.

Hahahaa. That's awesome. I'll be honest, when Ben first showed me this...and he did that first Elmsley count, I was like ughhh, and wanted to walk away...but Ben is a nice guys so I said I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Then when he spread those cards at the end I started to twitch a little bit...got all red...then went into my bedroom and cried a little haha. Ok just kidding....OR AM I???

What's great is that in this download, not only does Ben go over different performance styles, and endings, but also shows you a great way to show do the displays for magicians. All that, plus a bonus routine (Bolder Assembly) makes this one of my favorite downloads on the site. REALLY glad I didn't loose this footage as well (sorry Chris) hahah

Alex^
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I was there, and yes, Alex DID go to his room and cry Smile

On another note, Alex, were you not able to recover the other footage?

shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
Bens method is different the handling looks very similiar and wish him the best which leaves me room for mine to be released independently.

Great job Ben!

Shane
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New effect, Bold Assembly, coming soon from The Blue Crown (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL