The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Getting hired? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fergie33
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of fergie33
I was wondering what the best approach to getting hired at colleges or high school shoes. I've been told by some I should get an agent to do it but others say its more convent to do it yourself. and help would be appreciated thanks-Chris
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
534 Posts

Profile of RSD
Where do you live?

I would do it myself. Most agents won't solicit you. They will only book you if someone calls them looking for a hypnotist. That being said, there are probably about another 10 hypnotists ahead of you on the list.

Make a nice little package to drop of to the decision makers at the places you think your act would fit. Invite those same people to other shows you are booked at. It's not easy and it's a long road, but eventually someone will hire you.

Not to be an ass, but also make sure you check your spelling, punctuation, and grammar on any material you send to people. It's "shows" not "shoes". Hypnotists are supposed to be masters of communication and have excellent command of whatever language they use.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Postcards, promo packs, marketing letters - target customers yourself, offer free talks at rotary clubs, expand your social circle and get word of mouth working for you aswell as your own marketing.

Geoff Ronning has some good material on this subject.
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Getting hired? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL