The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Mystic Menagerie - Issue 6 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Is due next week...
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
Woo Hoo...can't wait!
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
We have tons of great material in this issue and a couple of new columns too. I will post the list of contents next week when it's released.
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
I have to wait a week? Yer killing me Freddie.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
It will come sooner than you think...

Dan and I are also planning a special Halloween edition and want your contributions whether it be an effect, review, article or anything else you can think of...
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
On sale now!

Contents:

Touched - Mark Thorold’s great version of a ghostly touch routine.

The Great Magic Wand Shop Hoax! - This will appeal to the mischievous mystics amongst you

Bizzare Rants - is a new column where I get things off my chest

The Wands of Crispin Mindbender – a feature on the best wands available and the talented chap who makes them

Tales from the Séance room - where I relate stories of some of the more bizarre or comedic experiences in the life of an occult entertainer.

The Dwindling Balls – fantastic story telling to accompany Jez’s Picture Flame 

US version of Live Transmission - another mind force based on another hit TV show!

Making Pendulums - marvel at the creativity Joshua has employed with his own pendulums, just look at the pictured and drool!

Storm In A Teacup – more pendulum based antics with this little gem by Martyn Hoult

The Ring of Laetandar  - a stunning fantasy routine for the fabulous CSI effect

Bad Influence - is a deliciously dark little piece by Mystic Menagerie newcomer Derek Renfro

Pass me the cards and then the routine, on a plate - Bruce Graham is another name that regular readers will recognise and we are treated to more of his unique thinking...

Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1043 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Just finished reading, another good read. Enjoyed reading Paul's hoax.
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
Great issue. These just keep getting better and for the price, they really cannot be beat.

The overall theme for the first half of the issue is wands. There are a few articles that specifically deal with them in one form or another.

In this issue, Mark Thorold gives us his approach to PK touches. It is a clever and unique spin.

Next, Paul Voodini tells us about a hoax that he orchestrated. It involves wands and is a very entertaining read.

Freddie then has an editorial rant that is on point and yet something I had never considered.

Then there is an article about the wands of Crispin Mindebender. If you have not seen these wands, you really need to. There is nothing standard or run of the mill about these. They are beautiful and unique. There are plenty of pictures in the issue.

Freddie then pulls aside the curtain to let you peek into the seance room. He shares a unique experience he had while performing.

Half way through the issue and nary a bizarre routine. It doesn't matter though because the content is so entertaining that you aren't missing anything and then comes along a routine by Vincent. This is really about four or five effects packed into one routine. A what a routine it is is! Vampires, blood, gross out, blasphemy and mentalism all rolled into one.

Jez Starr then contributes a poem, a nice change. This poem also goes along with The Picture Flame, one of Starr's props. This isn't just a poem or an attempt to sell a prop. It demonstrates a different type of presentation and a good one at that.

Jake Murphree contributes his idea regarding a contest that was promoted in an earlier issue.

Joshua Johnson then walks you through making pendulums. He provides helpful insight and direction.

Next Martyn Hoyt gives us some ideas for use of a low tech and simple device that you may already have.

Freddie then gives a review and Lebanon Circle introduces us to a new twist on one of their marketed items.

Derek Renfro gives is a tarot routine that is a bizarre twist on a type of "You do as I do" routine. The method is clever.

Bruce Graham wraps it up with an on point discussion about how to approach bizarre magic. It is insightful and useful.

So if you just read the first sentence, decided this was too long and skipped to the end, buy this. End of review.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Thanks Paul, your kind words are, as ever, appreciated.
We are really pleased with this issue, there's some wildily original articles in it and some effects which are great to perform.
GeoffreyD
View Profile
Loyal user
Canberra, Australia
244 Posts

Profile of GeoffreyD
Freddie, after reading MM6 I shall probably always associate fish and chips with your "Tales from the Séance room" story Smile
Well done, Sir!
Cheers
Geoffrey
www.dark-myst.com.au
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Lol! Fish and chips opened the door to a psychic experience !
GeoffreyD
View Profile
Loyal user
Canberra, Australia
244 Posts

Profile of GeoffreyD
Quote:
On 2011-09-07 01:44, Lord Freddie wrote:
Lol! Fish and chips opened the door to a psychic experience !

Sounds like a Jerry Springer episode Smile
Cheers
Geoffrey
www.dark-myst.com.au
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
It would certainly make a good one or if the Weekly World News was still going, a fabulous headline.
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Freddie & Dan put a lot of effort into MM, and it's always a pleasure to read and to contribute. The Magic Wand Shop hoax was a very weird part of my life. My life seems to be full of strange stories like that...
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Dreaded Mentalist
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Dreaded Mentalist
Not finished this one yet, but did love the hoax story!
MM is such a great publication! Worth more than the asking price for sure!!
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Thanks chaps!

The wand hoax story is not to be missed in this issue, it made me chuckle but also shows the real magic that a master storyteller with a great imagination can spread over a wide area (not just at a gig but welding magic into the local folklore).

We have some great material lined up for our Halloween special and are releasing just the type of magazine we want to release.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Mystic Menagerie - Issue 6 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL