The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Coolest Montes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
devin_devil
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of devin_devil
I'm performing quite a number of montes lately. I really would like to know which is your favourite monte. I would say that mine has to be the Ultimonte. Smile
denver
View Profile
New user
Athens, Ga
66 Posts

Profile of denver
I agree, I purchased the Ultimonte from Magicsmith last year and love it, only thing is sometimes I get the cards switched around upside down and screws up my performance so I gotta watch out for that.
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
I really think illusionist Brad Christian's version of two card monte gets great reactions.

From previous posts, I know he's not giving credit verbally to Eddie Fechter who came up with the concept trick, but all of that aside, it's very good and he teaches it well.

It requires an intermediate sleight and is a little pricey compared to other tricks or books of tricks, but it still is a very strong trick.

Mike
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
My favorite montes are Ultimate Three Card Monte by Skinner and Ultimonte by Cataquet. Killer stuff!
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
My favorite montes are actually all of them:
  1. Three Card Monte
  2. Two Card Monte
  3. Color monte
  4. Ultimonte
For Skinner's Three Card Monte, I don't really think it's a good trick because it's really suspicious that you don't see the corners. Smile
ddjmagic
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of ddjmagic
My favorite montes are:
  1. Color Monte
  2. Skinner's Three Card Monte
  3. Two Card Monte
  4. Ultimonte
I like Color Monte best since everything can be examined and the 14 dollars at the end is a killer.
daminfell
View Profile
New user
VA
51 Posts

Profile of daminfell
Color Monte and Skinner's Ultimate.
..::damienfell::..
robin_martin
View Profile
New user
London, UK
74 Posts

Profile of robin_martin
Skinner's and ungimmicked Three-cm.
The secret of the mind is the secret of the self.
http://www.robin-martin.com/photorecall.html
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
On 2003-09-08 13:16, Jive-Turkey wrote:
I really think illusionist Brad Christian's version of Two Card Monte gets great reactions.

It is not a version and it is not Brad's. It is the exact original and it is Fechter's. And it doesn't even really qualify as a monte effect, David Blaine just presented it that way in his first show and many beginners have been mistakenly calling it Two Card Monte since.

Quote:
From previous posts, I know he's not giving credit verbally to Eddie Fechter who came up with the concept trick, but all of that aside, it's very good and he teaches it well.

Fechter came up with the "concept"? No, he came up with the trick entirely. But yes "he" does teach it very well, and by "he" I mean Eddie Fechter, one of magic's most legendary performers.

Quote:
It requires an intermediate sleight and is a little pricey compared to other tricks or books of tricks, but it still is a very strong trick.

The trick is not pricey at all as you get that trick plus lots of other stuff in the book Fechter. And yes, it is strong, despite the fact that Brad does not include Fechter's final kicker for the trick. Why doesn't Brad do this? Because he's most likely never read anything about Fechter or his magic and seeks only to sell the trick in the cloned form he saw Blaine perform it in.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I think the Ultimate 3 Card Monte is the best monte. You WILL get a very good reaction from laymen with this trick, guarantee you. It's that good!
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Color Monte, great story that sucks them in with a tremendous visual ending.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Magic_Mailman
View Profile
New user
Portland,Oregon
53 Posts

Profile of Magic_Mailman
I like the Skinner Three Card Monte and Color Monte myself.

Smile
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Hunter's Monte, I use it every day, simple to do and funny too...

Nums
devin_devil
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of devin_devil
Where can you get "Hunter's Monte". What is the effect? Smile
rlk7
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of rlk7
I like Color Monte. I also do the same effect with jokers and aces.
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
Yeah, what is Hunter's Monte? What's a good source for learning monte tricks? I really enjoy them because they have challenging sleights, all that gambler's-style stories, you can have a bunch of monte effects in a few cards space and they are always killer tricks, need I say more? Smile
joculari
View Profile
New user
Canada
80 Posts

Profile of joculari
Wow, you guys don't know how much this topic has helped me pick out the monte I wanted seeing as I'm new to the whole magic dealio.
Steve Oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Churchville,MD.
155 Posts

Profile of Steve Oxford
Hunter's Monte can be bought from Rudy Hunter in Canada or from many dealers here in the U.S.

S.
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
Color Monte, Two and Three Card Monte because people can bet on them and you'll win. Smile
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
I wouldn't recommend that, but how would you bet on Color Monte? You must "drive" the routine yourself...Anyway, for some unknown reason, no one bets on cards with me. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Coolest Montes (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL