The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Powerful rope magic Jeremy Pei (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peregrin
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Peregrin
Hi all,

I really want to buy this DVD, but the DVD uses PAL formatting and doesn't appear to be readable in Europe... It shows as a blank in different PCs and DVD players. I re-ordered it, but my magic dealer confirms it's a blank again...
Can any one confirm this, or does any one have a solution for this issue?

Thanks a lot,

Peregrin
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
There are many more rope learning DVDs out there if this one won't work for you.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Even in Europe, you can buy DVD players that will play all formats. You may have to look harder for one, but that just depends on where you live.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I thought PAL was for European viewing? You can reset your "Country Region" in Device Manager in the Windows Operating System to the country the DVD is set for. Remember you are only allowed to change regions 5 times, then you have to buy a new DVD player. Changing the region back counts as one of the 5 regions allowed. So if you can view after changing regions, I suggest you transfer the video to another format if possible.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I have sold my "dances with ropes" Dvd without a problem in most European countries.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Converting PAL to NTSC is a major pain. Success varies with each type of equipment.
You are better off just sending it out.
Your local pro video store or video production studio can point you in the right direction.
Or, you can contact Discmakers.com for assistance.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Peregrin
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Peregrin
Thanks for the replies!

I'm very interested in learning how to work with gimmicked ropes, which other dvd's do you recommend?

Thanks a lot,

Peregrin

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 12:19pm
About the Jeremy Pei disc, I tried different PAL discs, they all showed some content (some readable, some unreadable but content nonetheless)
This particular disc shows as a blanc... How can this be?
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2011-09-11 12:16, Peregrin wrote:
Thanks for the replies!

I'm very interested in learning how to work with gimmicked ropes, which other dvd's do you recommend?

Thanks a lot,

Peregrin

http://bigduck.tripod.com/id36.html
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-09-11 12:19, Peregrin wrote:
About the Jeremy Pei disc, I tried diffrenet PAL discs, they all showed some content (some readable, some unreadable but content nonetheless)
This particular disc shows as a blanc... How can this be?

Does the disc have a paper label on the disc? If it does this may be the reason it is not reading the disc. I have found that you most DVDs that get a paper label will not read properly. If this is the case, remove the label and it should read. Use ony your fingers to remove the label.

I got a DVD disk from a person in England, and it would not read on my computer as well. They had to send me a new one in a different format. Never figured out the problem, but she knew that she used a different process to make the DVD disc.
Peregrin
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Peregrin
Problem solved! Thanks to the amazing service of a certain Jeremy Pei himself, I got a fresh AND WORKING copy of this awesome dvd in my mailbox this very day!

Thank you !! !! !!

Peregrin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Powerful rope magic Jeremy Pei (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL