We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Al Schneider's Snap Back Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27164 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Does anyone here do the sleight as written as a one-handed vanish?

I've tried over the years and learned to do the sleight under cover of my other hand, other prop-covers and even from inside a fan of coins but have not gotten the direct snap-back sleight to convey a vanish to audiences.

Help? Insight? A demonstration of the item in action? Such would be a fine addition to the "you ought to be in pictures" threads.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
I have played around with the idea in the past. I will send you my bare-bones work on it.
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
You guys are way ahead of me on this one.
I have no idea where it could go.
But it sounds verrrrry interesting.
I am watching closely.
Al Schneider
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
Dan Efran
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
150 Posts

Profile of Dan Efran
I've been experimenting with this lately in front of a mirror. No brilliant ideas yet, but here's my latest thought:

Shake the coin up and down a few times - briskly but just an inch or two - as if trying to cool it, perhaps. Two or three shakes, and it vanishes on the last one.

I haven't decided if I think it looks interesting, and I haven't tried it for an audience...but it seems promising. The shaking motion gives focus to the magic, while blurring the mechanics. Maybe?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Al Schneider's Snap Back Vanish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL