The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » REVIEW Andrew Maynes Armbuster (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
Andrew Maynes Armbuster is anything but a bust! This booklet is by far the best to date though his others are great also. The fact the audiance is familiar with the objects and the fact it can be done surrounded add to its usefullness and practicality. Add to this the fact that it is beyond easy to transport and carry. Imagine putting your arm in a cast or having it on when you appraoach then introducing a menacing power drill into the picture, by this point I am sure the audiance will be following where it is going though tey don't fully believe it because "thats impossible" then you take the drill and proceed to drill comleatly thru the cast, thru your arm, and then back thru the bottom part of the cast. You then reverse and pull the drill out showing your arm unharmed. There are two versions in the booklet one as I described and one which is a gory version with tons of blood Smile So depending on your performance style there is a version that fits you.

I definatly suggest this booklet. I know I will be performing this to people for a long time to come and I know I will get great reaction.

To get more info and/or purchase this and/or other effects go to Andrew Maynes Web Site:

http://www.weirdthings.com
"Offering free shiping anywhere in the world"

Well that's all from me for now.

Take care,
Kyle
Andy H
View Profile
Regular user
London
106 Posts

Profile of Andy H
I think the big point here is why?
Why would you wear a cast to drill through your arm?
Surely you would just go through the arm with nothing on... Oh the oddities of magic.
Paul Harris: My Astonishing Hero
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
There are many reasons for having a cast. The main one being is without the cast you need to be really brave to perform the same effect.
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
Why? Well you could be demonstrating a new product that protects you as you perform which is in the enclosed pattern.
or

You could claim you actually have a broken arm.

I think if an audiance can accept a brass cylinder to put coins in, tubes, boxes, and other "oddities" with no explination they can can accept these with no problem and perhaps even more so.

Take care,
Kyle

Sorry one last thing one reson is not only to demonstrate that but you could also say you broke your arm can't feel pain from the elbow down now then proove it.

Take care,
Kyle

Ok though I am not a big fan of gore blood does make this effect good for the young adult audiances.

Any one elses thoughts?

Take care,
Kyle
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Thanks for the review Gracy_hm. I was a big fan of Shock FX, so I'll go and order this tonight from Magic Pro Shop.
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
Or you could describe why your arm is in a cast.
"There was this dude! He said he didn't like my face! And he just came up to me with this drill! Yeah! This exact same one, and just grabbed my arm and just... drilled it through *ZZHIInNG*. And there was TONS of blood! Like TONS! It was just flowing everywhere" and so on...
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Does it have to be a cast?
Could you not use a tube . I mean why does a magicain put someone in a box to stick swords trough? we have to for the effect and an audience expects this they know we are not really doing magic.
can you not just decorate it differently show it put your arm through and then drill?

I do not own it these are just theoretical ideas
Phillip
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
No it doesn't have to be a cast it could be a tube, a cast just is something the audiance knows and I prefer it and honestly it doesn't have to be a drill either I just like the effect as is and for the price you can't beat it. But as always buy an effect and make it your own. "I have used a knife and a Pvc pipe when practicing." though a knife could be dangerous.

Anyway it looks great and audiances seem to get a kick out of it and with halloween coming up I have an effect all ready Smile any way check it out on. http://www.weirdthings.com

Take care,
Kyle
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
I love this trick, and I have fixed it up to be able to show all props well enough to the audience beforehand, and then show them the hole, where the drill has ripped through the cast.
The great Sandwich!
peterng25
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of peterng25
Maybe use pvc tubes painted to look metallic, with braces bolted to a pillory type device. Then drill/torture your victim.
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION: by aaron

To the audience:
I am currently working with medical facilities and product companies to issue a NEW line of medical products that focus on PREVENTION as opposed to healing! I hope you will allow me a moment tonight to present to you my first prototype: The Prevention Cast... wearing this cast BEFORE an accident occurs could save a limb! (place on the cast)

For instance, how many times has this happened to me? I can't even count! There I am (show drill) busy drilling holes in the girl's locker room wall when this happens...(effect)!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(writhe about on stage)

But, with this little baby, The Prevention Cast, I am FULLY protected from accidents and just plain idiocy! And keep an eye out soon for my Prevention Glasses. That's right, wear these glasses everywhere you go and your eyes will NEVER go bad and you will never need...glasses....OK, that one needs work....
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Nice presentation thought Smoke & Mirrors.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » REVIEW Andrew Maynes Armbuster (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL