The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » More good news for employers! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
More Gibson news ... makes me wonder at least a little if Gibson isn't trying to scapegoat others for its own problems ... I mean, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service raided it, the IRS is/was after it, and even its private sector lenders are complaining that all is not right at Gibson. I wonder how the problem with the IRS was resolved, or if it was? And ditto the problems with Gibson's private sector lenders.

Gibson facing tax trouble: IRS files lien against iconic guitar company
Published April 12, 2010 by J.R. Lind

Gibson Guitar is in trouble with another federal agency.

The Internal Revenue Service filed a lien against the legendary guitar manufacturer Monday for $445,994 in unpaid corporate and payroll taxes dating back to 2006.

The lien, filed with the Davidson County Register of Deeds, shows Gibson with unpaid 2006 payroll taxes totaling $3,350 and two years of corporate income taxes of $442,644 from 2007 and 2008.

More recently, Debtwire reported that Gibson's main lenders are pushing CEO Henry Juszkiewicz to improve his company's governance standards and that they're weighing tighter standards. Some also signaled they may at some point consider forcing a restructuring at Gibson.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-09-08 14:22, kcg5 wrote:

THis happened several years ago.. He admitted to his company he had a substance problem, and he was suspended for it, then given a desk position.

Not sure what you are responding to. You mean Gibson Guitar CEO Henry Juszkiewicz?

Or the truck driver in the original post?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
More on Gibson Guitars:

http://nashvillepost.com/taxonomy/term/13836

1. Debtwire reports on lenders' frustration with Gibson Guitar CEO Henry Juszkiewicz, who cycled through three CFOs last year and still owes them audited 2008 numbers. Sources say the bank group wants to push for tighter lending standards and improved governance, led by the recreation of an independent board of directors.

2. Gibson CEO looks overseas for growth: After a largely forgettable 2009 that featured layoffs, federal agents and a dubious distinction, Gibson Guitar CEO Henry Juszkiewicz tells Deutsche Welle the company is seeing good growth in Central Europe and has high expectations for the emerging consumer classes of China and India. (Gibson to embark on exporting jobs overseas as a consequence?)

But this is the best:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/12/1......20091216

3. Gibson Guitars voted by employees as officially the worst place to work in America in 2009.

Gibson employee reviews here:

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Gibson-......6869.htm

Comments include: CEO prides himself on making employees feel as though they could be fired at any time regardless of performance. Letting go of staff is completely random. Executive turnover is terribly high within the company due to CEO and dictatorship style of management. It's no wonder they aren't (and probably never will be) publicly traded; Dictatorial CEO who is not open to honest input or opinions from others. CEO is a micromanager through whom ALL decisions, no matter how small, must be approved. Company has no recognition programs, no training benefits, no career paths or advancement plans. For a company involved with music and a rich heritage the corporate office is a joyless place to work.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
That glassdoor site is made up of anonymous comments - they may be only as reliable as comments in the Not Very Magical Still forum here . . . .

See if they have comments up for a company about which you have personal knowedge or with which you have personal experience . . . your mileage may vary
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Maybe I should put off buying that ES335 I've been eyeing...
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-09-08 13:01, critter wrote:
Lobo, gdw sees government oppression in everything. It's all he ever posts about.

Yes, Critter, I was alluding to Danny's (and others) tendency to accuse me of ONLY posting about "anarchy." To try to turn that back around on me, repeating exactly what I was alluding to kinda falls flat, imho.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-09-08 16:44, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-09-08 13:01, critter wrote:
Lobo, gdw sees government oppression in everything. It's all he ever posts about.

Yes, Critter, I was alluding to Danny's (and others) tendency to accuse me of ONLY posting about "anarchy." To try to turn that back around on me, repeating exactly what I was alluding to kinda falls flat, imho.

Of course it does.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-09-08 15:10, Woland wrote:
That glassdoor site is made up of anonymous comments - they may be only as reliable as comments in the Not Very Magical Still forum here . . . .

See if they have comments up for a company about which you have personal knowedge or with which you have personal experience . . . your mileage may vary

Come on, Woland, that was clearly only icing on the cake. Even though it does appear to be consistent with the rest of it.

But the rest of it is enough to show that the CEO has a history of flouting laws, abusing lenders, maybe avoiding taxes, shows poor governance skills, is CEO of what is recognised as one of the worst (maybe THE worst) companies to work for in America, has an unusually high turnover rate in his executive offices, can't hang on to a CFO if his life depended on it, etc.

On the other hand, in his defense, we have a self-serving press release from his own company says that he is being picked on.

I think the conservative blogosphere (sp?) and Fox News would be well advised to find a better champion of small business.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
I think that the attractiveness of his story came from the cachet associated with his product.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Well I have no idea why in the name of Hilton that darned Mel Gibson keeps doing stuff like this...
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-09-08 18:54, Woland wrote:

I think that the attractiveness of his story came from the cachet associated with his product.

No doubt.

And I didn't even get into the problems and complaints that music stores have had with Gibson Guitars in recent years. Interested parties can look into that for themselves.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
None of which has anything to do with whether Mr Juskiewicz's complaints have a factual basis or not. Although perhaps Magnus should think about another brand of guitar . . . if he means a new one. If he is looking at a vintage ES335, then I think it would predate the present CEO's tenure and be quite a safe purchase.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5021 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-09-08 13:20, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-09-08 12:50, Dannydoyle wrote:
Yea but ask him who he wants to vote for again LOL. It does seem to be the people north of the border who doesn't seem to know how much of a disaster this guy really is.

Are you still talking about landmark? He's north of the border? Based on some of his recent posts, I thought he lived in the NYC area.

North of the Mason-Dixon line at any rate . . .
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Balducci you and John seem to have very loud opinions about things that happen south of the border. THAT WAS WHAT I MEANT! And it is true.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
This is why I use Deans.
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-09-09 11:21, Dannydoyle wrote:

Balducci you and John seem to have very loud opinions about things that happen south of the border. THAT WAS WHAT I MEANT! And it is true.

Well, you seem to read a lot into what others say. Of course I have opinions. (Why wouldn't I be interested in what happens south of the border, e.g. given that most of my living relatives reside and/or were born there [not to mention serve in your armed forces]?) But you seem to often confuse my opinions with my statements of innocent, neutral, non-opinionated discussion points and simple statements of fact.

Quote:
On 2011-09-05 16:13, Dannydoyle wrote:

Is it such a streatch to believe that this administration is over reaching?

And yes I did get that from your post, no matter how you try to wiggle it into something else.

You wrote the above about the Gibson Guitars story after someone posted a link to GG's recent press release. In light of the additional GG information I mentioned in posts above, do you still believe that the original GG press release is telling the whole story? Or do you think there might be reason now to believe that the CEO might just maybe have been exaggerating and/or misrepresenting things?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Balducci, you naive Canadian, can't you see the real issue. President Obama is single-handedly destroying the American that Danny loves, one guitar at a time.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » More good news for employers! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL