The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Rematch by Caleb Wiles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rich aviles
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of rich aviles
Hey gang,

I just finished watching Caleb Wiles’ new DVD Rematch and wanted to chime in to say BUY THIS DVD.

The DVD contains three of his best tricks: Reswindled, 26! and All Signs Point to Yes.

Already know these tricks? Well, you’ll also find some great new additions to them. Included for the first time is Jack Carpenter’s South Street Swindle which is really, really great (really). A few handling touches are added to 26! which only add to what I like to think is the greatest trick ever created. And All Signs is just a straight-up Worker with a capital W.

The production values are great, and Caleb is at the top of my list when it comes to teaching his material. Every detail is taught in the most simple and direct way possible. It feels like he’s been teaching this stuff his entire life.

So like I was saying, go buy this DVD. You can get it direct from Caleb at http://www.calebwilesmagic.com/?page_id=1816

Or from the Vanishing Inc site.

Rich Aviles
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4332 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I picked this up for Jack Carpenter's South Street Swindle. I saw a video John Carpenter posted on youtube and I loved his handling/presentation.

I also saw the demo video of ReSwindled on Vanishinginc. I do ReSwindled all the time and would love to learn the new and updated handling Caleb Wile's has on this. I have his High Spots, instant fan of his work. Vanishinginc puts out quality work in their booklets/DVDs. I think I have every booklet now that I think about it.

I'm hoping to get the DVD in a few days, penguin has some fast shipping.

A side note.

I'm building set lists for performing/gigs and such. Caleb's work is of great value to me as they are practical workers.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7007 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
GREAT stuff. If you love practical, powerful card magic, you'll love this.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
944 Posts

Profile of jbadman
These routines are also sold separately as downloads on Vanishing Inc. I already knew Reswindled from the Paul Harris DVD set - which is the last word in Reset routines, so I picked up 26! hoping it'd be equally as good.

And I wasn't disappointed! This is awesome - SO clever. Brilliantly conceived, no difficult sleights... not 'Self Working' but certainly 'Semi Automatic'...

26! is the single best routine I've learnt this year so far - I can't recommend it highly enough.

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4332 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I got the DVD in the mail today and gave it a watch through.

Get it! The extra handlings in the DVD from Caleb, Mr. Carpenter and the final touch by Josh Jay makes it worth it for me to have "re-purchased" the effect. Less fiddling!

You get so much valuable information here. M.A.T.E! Even getting into 26! FASDIU, which I will use. NICE!

All Signs Point to Yes is another worker. Instant reset!

I'll keep my thoughts short on this. Just get it. Best DVD I have purchased in a long while.

I'll be using ALL 3 of these effects all the time, no joke.

Quality DVD. Quality effects. Quality teaching.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Is Caleb Wiles a member of the Café? I wanted to send Caleb a PM. I did a search under "Caleb" and did not discover any user name suggesting that it might be Caleb's.

I don't do Facebook, Twitter, etc. so I was hoping to find him on the Café.

Thanks for any info in this regard.

Best,

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1636 Posts

Profile of Futureal
A normal person would Google his name and find him instantly.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2011-10-17 17:48, Futureal wrote:
A normal person would Google his name and find him instantly.

WOW!! Thank you for your unwarranted snarky comment. Hopefully, you are just having a "bad hair day" and are not always so impolite, discourteous and unhelpful. Others less charitable than I might have preemptively reacted to your boorish comment by suggesting that you just go crawl back under your rock.

BTW, I believe that I am a normal person and, FWIW, before posting my above post to this Café thread, I did use Google but found no direct answer to the question I was seeking nor did I find a direct email address for Caleb. Perhaps, my Google search process was imperfect and, with further effort, I might have eventually found a contact email address for Caleb.

Using Google, I did find some methods of contacting Caleb but such alternative methods involved engaging in a "registration process" and/or giving out my email address and/or giving out other personal private information. This I was unwilling to do. All I wanted to do was to ask Caleb a simple question. Hence, my request as to whether or not Caleb was a Café member. If he was, fine; I could then send him a quick PM.

But, thank you again for your unhelpful comment. Hopefully, you don't treat all persons in similar manner. If you do, I would respectfully suggest that perhaps you might wish to seek counseling in social interaction skills and/or learn better coping mechanisms to help you get through each day. (And, trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, I'm still rooting for the explanation that you are just having a "bad hair day" and posts like your above post are the exception and not the rule for you.)

Eschew obfuscation.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1615 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Hi Turk,

Well, using Google, I did (in about ten seconds) find a thread here on the Café that Caleb participated in. I knew he posted here but couldn't remember his name. It's "cjmagicman." He's also @calebwiles on Twitter.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Thanks for that info, bugjack. It is very much appreciated.

Parenthetically, I would be interested in learning how you are able to key in both the Café and a particular subject and get that intended result. I tried something like "the magic Café caleb wiles" and did not find any post I could easily identity as originating from Caleb. Hence, my request for his Café ID name.

Thanks again for the information.

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1615 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Hi Turk,

You're welcome, and, as for how fast I found it, I had an advantage because I remembered that his name had "magicman" in it. So, I googled "Caleb Wiles, The Magic Café," clicked on the thread for "High Spots," one of his books, and scrolled down until I saw it. You'd think it would be "cwmagicman," actually -- don't know what the "j" stands for.

Scott
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Turk,take it with a grain of salt I get this all the time
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Wow. Sorry I'm late to the dance. Sorry you guys had a hard time tracking me down. For future reference, all of my info can be found on my website: http://www.CalebWiles.com

My Café name is something I picked out back in college nearly a decade ago. Now I'm stuck with it I guess. I don't think they'll let me change it. Ah well.

Also, Mike, to search for things on the Café through google, just type "site:themagiccafe.com your search terms" and it should work.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Hello,

Looks great ! I am more into impromptu card trick so I have a question Smile
Is the first part of “26!” impromptu ? (where spec stick a card in half deck)

Thank you very much !
Nicolas
antonio123
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
138 Posts

Profile of antonio123
Quote:
On 2011-11-04 05:25, papawemba wrote:
Hello,

Looks great ! I am more into impromptu card trick so I have a question Smile
Is the first part of “26!” impromptu ? (where spec stick a card in half deck)

Thank you very much !
Nicolas

Yes, 26 is also impromptu ;-)
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Thanks a lot antonio123 ! Smile
Finally I have an idea of the method, it's really good and will buy it soon !
I love card trick like the first part, simple to follow and effective !
(The second part also of course ;-)

Nicolas
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2758 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
I don't remember 26! being impromptu but I may be wrong! Smile
antonio123
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
138 Posts

Profile of antonio123
Kyle,impromptu setup ;-)
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2585 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Quote:
On 2011-10-20 19:24, cjmagicman wrote:
Wow. Sorry I'm late to the dance. Sorry you guys had a hard time tracking me down. For future reference, all of my info can be found on my website: http://www.CalebWiles.com

My Café name is something I picked out back in college nearly a decade ago. Now I'm stuck with it I guess. I don't think they'll let me change it. Ah well.

Also, Mike, to search for things on the Café through google, just type "site:themagiccafe.com your search terms" and it should work.

Caleb

Caleb,

If you really wanted to change your login name you can just post a message at the tech forum: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......=50&8168

90% of those posts are dealing with name changes. They're quite accommodating.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Steven, thanks for directing me to the tech forum. I've made a request to change my username to my "Caleb Wiles."

Nicolas, to answer your question about 26! being impromptu. The portion of the trick where the spectator places his card into the deck and the card at the corresponding position in the other half matches is completely impromptu, from a shuffled deck. This is Mark Tams's "M.A.T.E." effect that he was gracious enough to allow me to include on the download.

The main routine, "26!", does require a setup. I do offer a couple of ways to get into the setup relatively quickly and easily on the download, but I usually just set it up before the performance. I hope this answers your questions. I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying the trick!

Caleb
http://www.CalebWilesMagic.com
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Rematch by Caleb Wiles (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL