The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Several knots/clothes pins slide on rope - Need to find the name (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
315 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
Hi Guys,

I remember seeing this waayyy back when ,but I can't find it now. I need to know the name!

It's a rope trick, and the rope is tied between two chairs, maybe 15 feet apart.

I believe the knots where cut in several places, and either clothes pins, or knots where put in place to hold it up, then they were slid, and untied at other parts of the rope etc.

Thanks for the help!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Sounds like Pavel's version of the Paul Curry effect. See a great version by Topper Martyn at http://www.pete-biro.com Just scroll down and you'll see it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
315 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
Thanks. Yea, looks like I was looking for Pavel's Walking knot. Going to purchase his "Smart" version. Sent him an email.

This trick has been in the back of my head for 15+ years... I love it!
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Pavel died quite recently. Can't see any mention of this fact on his website though!
Jolyon Jenkins
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1728 Posts

Profile of wally
Its Pavels super walking knot. His wife still sells his magic.
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
315 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
So I've had it for about 8 months now and I am in love with the "smart" version.

It allows for a better handling I think. because less of the rope is gimmicked.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Several knots/clothes pins slide on rope - Need to find the name (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL