The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Happy 10th Anniversary to The Magic Café! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24067 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
We all hope you a Happy Anniversary Magic Café. We know it was hard struggling through the 10 years of spammers, malware, viruses, technical challenges, the 2007 cyberquake, etc. We like how you kept all of us together. We love you. Smile

:gift: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Hip hip hooray Smile

Hip hip hooray Smile

An audio of how The Magic Café was started thanks to Steve Brooks himself: http://mnw.squarespace.com/magicnewsfeed......oks.html

If anyone wishes to celebrate with me, help yourself. The tab is on me this year. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
MISS J
View Profile
New user
DALLAS, TEXAS
26 Posts

Profile of MISS J
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAGIC Café!!
You have to first believe in magic in order to move others' hearts -

Hi all magic lovers, feel free to pm me to chat Smile
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3647 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Happy Birthday!

Before I was on the internet Steve would be talking about the Café and I couldn't understand the appeal of talking to a lot of strangers. Now the Magic Café is a fun part of my daily life.

Keep up the good work!

-Mary Mowder
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2322 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Congrats to Steve on ten great years!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I love this place! Happy Birthday!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's been 10 years already, I think back about the early days of trying to wrangle people to come join & now it's bigger than I ever thought it would be.

Great job buddy, you may just have to go buy another Lamborghini to celebrate Smile

Mike
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4816 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Thanks everyone! Smile

September 7th, 2001 was the day we first went online (officially that is) and to tell you the truth, it really does seem like only yesterday. It truly is hard to believe that we have been online for ten years! You know what they call that don't you? That's right - a decade! Wow, I can still remember sitting down with pen in hand at a Denny's Restaurant sketching out the general lay-out of our Café community while making notes and trying to decide what sort of things I felt other magicians might be interested in.

Much has changed since then, both in the world of magic and over the internet. Some things on the world wide web have changed for the good, some for the bad and still some ideas whos final destination is yet to be realized.

In the world of magic many changes have taken place as well. As with the internet many of these changes have been for the good, others for the bad, and still others whos final chapter has yet to be written.

I have learned so much since those early days of building this website and feel extremely grateful for having both the opportunity to create such a community to begin with but also for being blessed with so many friends and associates who have helped along the way.

Some have helped with technical know-how, and to folks like Gene and Mary I owe much thanks and gratitude. From having been virtually complete strangers in the begining to quickly becoming dear friends and finally having become a part of my immediate family. To you I bow to your generosity of the time you have spent and continue to spend in helping one magician attempt to build his passion into something more meaningful. Smile

To the many people who have helped by volunteering their time to assist in the day-to-day operations of the Magic Café I can never express just how deeply grateful I am to you. In my mind your willingness to sacrifice your time in an effort to help others is noteworthy in the history of magicdom. Consider the fact that along the way there have been a great many personnel changes to our staff over the years. Much of this is due to the stress such a position holds. Believe me folks, helping run this community is never an easy task, even on a good day. So, to you who have helped and to those who continue to help I tip my hat to the success of your efforts. Without your selfless contribution this green giant would not be possible. Smile

To our many sponsors who have helped and continue to help insure all our bills are being paid each month I can't thank you enough. Your continued support of this online community has been amazing, even when doing so may not have always been the popular thing to do with some of your customers. Your ability to recognize the strength of real community and to understand my vision has been a positive thing for all concerned. From the get-go you understood that anyone can build a website, implement a ton of bells and whistles and offer incentives to draw traffic. However, it takes real passion, dedication and time to build a true community, a strong community and ultimately one which becomes a place which is truly a benefit for all its members, dealers and customers alike. While other sites have come and gone, started strong but quickly faltered, the Magic Café has marched ever forward, strong in its support from the dealers, creators and manufacturers of our magic community both here and abroad - for that priviledge I thank you! Smile

Finally, a community is only as strong as those who participate to help keep the place fun, crime-free, ever helping their neighbors and taking pride in the accomplishments which as a community everyone achieves together. It is you, our members and even our lurkers who help shape the community into something truly special. I believe that the Magic Café is indeed a very special place and I am proud of the community and wealth of knowledge with which everyone has contributed to over the past ten years. The Magic Café membership has people from every branch of magic and every known continent on the planet. Rich, poor, amateur and professional alike - I thank you all for your continued support of my little website. While we may all have various opinions on magic, politics, religion and world affairs - we are a community none the less and it shows. Yooz absolutely the best.

In closing I want to thank my wife Mya who has supported me all these long years. When things looked bad, when the idiots and the losers of the magic world had me feeling like giving up, when events seemed the worse they possibly could be, she was there by my side. Always positive and supporting me thru thick and thin. Thank you Mya - you will always be my princess. Last (but certainly not least by any means) I want to thank the good Lord for blessing me with the talent, ability and vision to make all of this come together into something worthwhile.

Happy birthday Magic Café! I'm looking forward to the years ahead. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
And you are to be congratulated on a great contribution to the magical art.
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
Smile
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1575 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
A deep thanks to the Magic Café. My journey of magic started in this place and this is the 99% forum I visit at most time.

I am looking forward to its next 20th, 30th, and so many decades of future anniversary!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
A great place to be. Thanks.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
It scares me how fast time has flown by. Congrats Steve and all involved. Here's to the next 10!
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
Happy anniversary! And thanks for so much.

-Philip
mpicard
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of mpicard
Congrats to 10 years!!!
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Smile Smile

Do you want a Magician on your birthday Steve??

-H
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5367 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Congratulations, Steve and Team! Many thanks for all that you do for our community.
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Steve,
My sincere congratulations and many thanks for all your efforts.

Wesley James
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10632 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
STEVERINO MAY WE HAVE ANOTHER TEN GREAT YEARS
THE GOSDFATGHER
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
mralincoln
View Profile
Loyal user
If I wasn't so busy, I'd have more than
232 Posts

Profile of mralincoln
What a milestone for you and our magic community, Steve! This is a great place for so many reasons. Thank you for your creativity, your ingenuity, your vision, and all your hard work over the years to provide an amazing "gathering place" for magicians from around the world! (I, too, want to thank your wife, Mya, for her encouragement for you and her sacrifice.) As a pastor and gospel magician, I also appreciate your expression of gratitude to God--He is truly the Source of so many blessings, including the talents, skills, and opportunities that make creative efforts like this possible.

Happy Birthday, Magic Café!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6921 Posts

Profile of bowers
Thanks steve
I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Happy 10th Anniversary to The Magic Café! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL