The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Blood From Stone" by Steve Spill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2011-11-20 14:35, Chrishue wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-10-27 12:45, DStachowiak wrote:
Steve, I love the demo, and the stone looks GREAT! Saving my pennies...

Don't you mean steal some pennies...You thief!

?
Magikbob
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Magikbob
My "stone" arrived today, so I'll start practicing with it. Like anything this will take a bit of time to get the handling smooth.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Got mine today as well. Looking forward to working on this.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
The prop's look and feel and simplicity of design and method make it an artistic piece of sculpture in itself. I love my Stone.
cairo
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of cairo
I experimented. I practiced. I memorized. I rehearsed. Last night I killed! The Stone Rocks!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I saw someone's stone yesterday - not the performance, just the prop.

Hmmm... I dunno.

Perhaps shadings of "Little Man"

Jury is out. Tread carefully I would say.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Let's just say it's not "seamless"
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
I've been watching Steve perform Blood From Stone since he first created it in the 80's while performing at the Brook Farm Inn of Magic.
This routine is directly from Steve's act. Unlike most magic today it was not created as "a product". It's a completely audience tested, fine tuned chunk you can install in your show.
It's designed for working pros.

The routine is really funny. The audience always "gets it" and the reaction and laughs are built in as with all of Steve's working material.

I've wanted to do this routine for years and now that I have it I can. I'm stoked. It's dark humor at it's best.

I've examined the prop, it's fantastic. There are some details you may not recognize immediately. The design and painting of the stone are obviously done so it can be seen on stage. This is not a close up gimmick you'll pass out for examination. It does the job it's intended to do. The method will work every time.

If you are a stage performer and want to add a seriously huge reaction to your show this is it. It's practical and professional. It's a no-brainer if you are a performer.
As with most custom made magic this has to be made in batches. I don't know Steve's business model for this product but my recommendation is buy it now while it's available.

Comparing Blood From Stone to Little Man without watching the DVD...I have to agree with you...you don't know.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Bob-

There is no question as to the genius of the performance

People who get this are getting a treasured and proven performance gem.

But Bob.. The rock itself (the one I saw) has an issue - no doubt. It was not worthy of the price and quality of this routine.

I saw earlier in the thread Steve mentioned something in this regard - so maybe I saw one of the props that had an issue. But I can say that the "flaw" is easily visible from far away.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Any reviews from guys who actually got this?
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yes waiting to hear about the new models for comedy pieces. Brett may have seen the older models lets hope.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
I've not seen Steve's routine so forgive me there.

However, I can't help thinking you could use any stone & do this using the method behind the 'Cloudburst Coin' in Tarbell.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-01-28 19:34, saysold1 wrote:
Bob-

There is no question as to the genius of the performance

People who get this are getting a treasured and proven performance gem.

But Bob.. The rock itself (the one I saw) has an issue - no doubt. It was not worthy of the price and quality of this routine.

I saw earlier in the thread Steve mentioned something in this regard - so maybe I saw one of the props that had an issue. But I can say that the "flaw" is easily visible from far away.

No reply form Bob on this quote.... Hmmmm??????
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Blood From Stone" by Steve Spill (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL