The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Being Me" by Eugene Burger (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pourang65
View Profile
Regular user
Paris, France
192 Posts

Profile of pourang65
"We can never be sure that the magician we are portraying will meet with success. It’s a roll of the dice. You organize as many of your dreams as you can and you hope that others will find what you’ve concocted of value. But we never know how things will come out in advance. This is why the performance (of anything) requires that we take real risks—which is easy to say in words but much more difficult to apply in practice. Taking risks requires courage.

But who is this "me" who is hoping to entertain you? Is it the same me that shops at the grocery store and drops his clothes off at the dry cleaners? Is the me that is standing in front of a group and performing the Burned and Restored Thread, speaking while I do it about Hindu gods and the creation and destruction of the universe, the same me that orders food in a restaurant or flags down a taxicab?

Yes and no........ "

EUGENE BURGER

I meditated on this for a long time...
Cheers
Pourang
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Is that from "Growing in the art of magic?"

I remember the quote. Good food for thought.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
magic.mind
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of magic.mind
Mentalism needs more thinkers like Mr. Burger, thanks for sharing that.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
It's so easy to hear that in his voice.
pourang65
View Profile
Regular user
Paris, France
192 Posts

Profile of pourang65
Actually its a quote from one of Eugene Burger's essays published in Genii Magasine called "Being Me". The whole essay is a tresure actually!
Cheers
Pourang
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
The best way to be in character all the time is to always be yourself or an extension of oneself
pourang65
View Profile
Regular user
Paris, France
192 Posts

Profile of pourang65
Quote:
On 2011-09-07 16:48, Sean Giles wrote:
It's so easy to hear that in his voice.

So true! Smile You can imagine him touching his beard and saying "Yes and No..."!!!
Cheers
Pourang
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Being Me" by Eugene Burger (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL