The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » One-handed puppet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
For a routine that I have in mind, I use a little monkey puppet and a yoshino t***d-h**d gimmick to hold up a rod & curtain in front of me & work the monkey from behind. Thing is, there are time I need to take the puppet off & put it on again which is VERY hard to do one-handed. Are there any utility devices designed for this or mabye a method?
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
If I might suggest a ring sewed on the bottom of the puppet and a small hook like a curtain hook on the curtain. Then the puppet would hang there and allow you to slip your hand in and out. You could also attach the hook to your belt. This is the way the old timers did their puppets with hooks below the stage so they could slip their hands in and out easliy.
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
Thousands of years ago I used to do a Punch and Judy show. I'd use the ring and hook trick, but I'd also sew wire or rubber tubing into the bottom of the puppet dress, in order to keep it open so that I wouldn't be fumbling one-handed to separate the fabric. Worked like a charm.

-Philip
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
JEEZ That hook thing is so obvious!!!! WHY didn't I think of that? Thanks both of you!!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » One-handed puppet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL