The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » San Francisco: Houdini's Coming (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrSteve
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of MrSteve
The superb museum exhibition "Houdini: Art and Magic" has now closed in Los Angeles. The good news is that it opens at the Contemporary Jewish Museum in San Francisco on October 2, 2011. This exhibit is a must-see for magicians and those who appreciate magic. My wife and I took friends who were not into magic and yet they still loved the exhibition. I won't go into great detail because there is lots online about this show. The combination of illusions, posters, photographs, Houdini's own journals, and lots of rare movie footage, all beautifully presented, makes the show compelling.

The exhibition makes a final stop in Appleton, WI in early 2012.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Steve...Thanks! You can dust my stuff off when you go. I can't reach them from here. Smile
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
The famous original Houdini milk can is in this traveling exhibit on loan from the American Museum of Magic in Marshall, Michigan. That is one of the many valuable historic items in this display. We can't wait when it gets back here again in the Great Lakes State- this very magical and historic can has been on tour for a long time now. You will see first hand how small Houdini was to even jam himself entirely into it- let alone escape from it.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I'll bet this is cool. Bummed me out that the Houdini Museum by the big waterfall burned long before I visited the area.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I had the pleasure of going through that former museum too. I believe the charred remains of that museum are scatttered all over the country in various collections including with Mr. Copperfield in Vegas (such as the Houdini water torture cell). I hope some day all of David's wonderful, vast and important magical collection is open to the public or to interested magicians or historians at a minimum. I'd pay big bucks just to see it for sure...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » San Francisco: Houdini's Coming (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL