The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Zambora of the Amazon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I found this video of Zambora. Just thought I would share it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FWYhajh6f8&feature=related

:devilish:
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2464 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
I have seen so many poorly-done Zamboras ... this one is great!
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Very Nice! By the comments it sounds like its Six Flags Great Adventure, my old stomping grounds.
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
The only thing I don't like about it is, there is no actual visible cross-fade (IDK, metamorphosis?) but I like the bit where they switch back and forth.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2011-09-12 16:26, Martin_Ling wrote:
The only thing I don't like about it is, there is no actual visible cross-fade

I feel the same way, but I thought that the over all presentation was terrific. Smile
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Agreed.
Michael K
View Profile
Loyal user
Hazleton, PA
249 Posts

Profile of Michael K
Yep I saw that one at Six Flags Great Adventure. Having the young actor lip-sync the lines took out room for actor error (and vocal fatigue) but also took away the feeling of reality. I enjoyed music the surprise ending. Having more transformation would have been better. A good show overall.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2920 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I was a bit disappointed when I saw that G2G a few seasons ago. The transformation was pretty weak and the climax was even weaker. It's too bad in that I was performing less than 100 feet away and could have cleaned up that show to make it really work, but the management at that time was content with what it was.
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Todd, do you remember what year that was? Not that I got of the docks much to see things in the park but I don't recall seeing this. I remember seeing your show several times, but not this. Unless it was hidden within one of the other walk thru attractions.
Michael K
View Profile
Loyal user
Hazleton, PA
249 Posts

Profile of Michael K
I'm no Todd Robbins, but I saw it about 3 or 4 years ago. It was tucked in next to the flight simulator/movie down by the Great American Scream Machine in the space that used to be the gift shop. Albert performed nearby that year too.
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Got it. Thanks Michael.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2920 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Yes, it was right next to the Elvira movie thing.
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Ok, I know where you mean. I was back at the park this last weekend to shoot a fireworks show, it really isn't the same. The grandstands by the lake are condemned and the batman arena is mainly storage, the company that owns it now really does not want to put any shows back in the park. It's truly sad.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5111 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
After 9/11, they bought a lot of smaller parks that were in trouble, figuring to cash in on a bounce-back. It didn't work, and they were taken over by a guy who'd worked for ESPN, and brought a bunch of his friends along on the management ride. None of them had experience running parks, and we see the continuation of it.

For a number of years, their only profitable parks were the ones with animals. I don't know if that's changed.

I think the G-to-Gs were produced by Paul Osborne, and were a Halloween season feature in all the parks, but I'm not sure.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Kevin Gerrone
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Kevin Gerrone
Theatrical very nice but the way it was done SUCKED! VERY VERY weak transformation! In all I am very disappointed in it! No use of Peppers Illusion just a simple lights out switch? Come on! This is a major amusement park I would think they could have done it right!!!!!!!!!!!!
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2464 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Yeah, true, Kevin ... but I've seen it done twice in my life, each time much worse!

"Hallow-Scream" at Six Flags in Maryland, maybe 10 years ago ... awesomely bad, with a narration that gave the audience no clue of what to look for, and a light that just went out and paused and came on again with a much-too-long pause, and a crowd that filed out going "what was that about?"

May I beat the drum for an audio version of the Zambora show? I've upgraded my "Bally! Sounds of the Old-Time Sideshow" CD - one of the new tracks is a recreation of the Zambora outside bally and the show inside (a preview, with annoying audio watermark 'cause I gotta at least make back production expenses, is HERE
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2011-09-17 20:28, rossmacrae wrote:
I've upgraded my "Bally! Sounds of the Old-Time Sideshow" CD - one of the new tracks is a recreation of the Zambora outside bally and the show inside

I have this CD and it is a lot of fun. Especially for those of us who missed out on the sideshow's glory days. Smile
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2464 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Thank you for your kind words. I'm gonna beat the drum some more - the next episode of my BALLYCAST podcast, to be published the very day the factory delivers my CDs (less than a week, they say) will include some thoughts about the concept that THESE are the sideshow's glory days.

BTW, previous purchasers of the BALLY CD will be eligible for a free upgrade, details to be announced in that episode of the podcast.
Kevin Gerrone
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Kevin Gerrone
If you ever get a chance to see Tim Deremers Girl to Gorilla show SEE it!!!!! He has it beautifully framed and executes it perfectly!!!!! Blows this one away!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Zambora of the Amazon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL