The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Thought-paths (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Ok then...

at the same time that I was developing AEIOU two or so years ago, I had the beginnings of an idea based around numbers...so as I was fine-tuning and giving readings using my AEIOU system, I was dabbling and testing out thought-paths too...

as this is slightly more unusual than AEIOU, I just wanted a couple of extra opinions on this one - as I wanted to make sure it wasn't "just me". A last minute attack of nerves I suppose...

so thankfully, I had a nice amount of replies - and some good honest feedback too...even better - it wasn't "just me", and they seemed to enjoy using it...

so here it is...Thought-Paths...

"For psychic entertainers and readers - a hybrid mix of thought-dial, numerology and various other concepts that let you answer any question posed. A visual concept that requires you to remember 10 things, and allow your imagination to do the rest. Tested by various experienced readers out in the field too. Unique, interesting, and easy to use.

Lets you give answers to questions and describe their current/future situation, add something a bit different to numerology, tarot and a few other things too. It is, like AEIOU, a stand alone system, but can also be combined with many other reading systems. You can combine this with mentalism presentations too - a number on a padlock, PINs, drawings and a few other things too. Also includes a short discussion on cartomancy."

there, blurb over with - sorry for offending anyone...

I'm keeping the price as it is for the first month...then its going up a bit...

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/thought-paths/16946568

sending it off for review by Jheff from Marketplace of the Mind now...
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Oh and no ecopies of this one til the new year...

it looks all sleek and pretty in glossy black and white...
I've asked to be banned
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Since I received an early review copy of this you may assume whatever biases on my part that you wish, but if you make use of numbers in your readings, this book will show you some fascinating alternative ways of thinking about number symbolism. I have been making use of these ideas in my own private readings, and I can give it my highest recommendation. The best way I can put it is to say that Iain has transformed number symbolism, and for the card readers suit symbolism as well (and more besides-there's plenty here to play with), from static this=this metaphors into moving, changing pictures that will add texture to your readings, though these aren't simply different metaphors, but a way of looking at these things to create your own richly vibrant metaphors. Very good stuff.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Thanks john...it was fantastic corresponding with you over it all too...

mr. wells is a very interesting and talented man don'tcha know...
I've asked to be banned
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Actually I do know, and I completely agree with that assessment. But fear not Iain--I'm sure John has no problem with you sharing those traits with him.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Iain and I often trade thoughts (in print form) and I really enjoyed this. I have been thinking a lot about Number symbolism and poof came Iain's wonderful idea. I was jsut having a conversation with a friend a few weeks back about using numbers and their symbolic meaning and then Iain sent his work. Synchronicity!

Iain's background as a graphic artist shines here. You can tell he has immersed himself in a "thought experiment" regarding numbers and their meaning. This has application for any subtext. Iain must be on some creativity wave.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Being a huge admirer of Enrique Enriquez -we're filming a documentary about his work with the Marseilles tarot- I look forward to reading this and will place an order soon.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Not to get off topic, but the clips I've seen of the documentary are fabulous. Enrique has certainly been an inspiration in my own work; brilliant man.

To return to topic...

Buy Thought Paths. You'll be glad you did.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
As an early adopter I've been using Thought Paths for a little while.
It's a great piece of mental kit that you can carry around with you in your head and use whenever you like.

I'm a big fan of EE and you can see his influence in this.

Love it and use it.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Cheers guys - I'm very happy you all liked it and used it...

it was great that those that claimed a test copy and who got back to me, come from such varied and interesting backgrounds and performing styles...
I've asked to be banned
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
I LOVE this and more importantly I USE it! Thank you Iain, great job.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've had a couple of emails asking for readings...i've got some family stuff on the go at the moment, so not got the mind-space to do them...however, here's a very quick sample of a single digit reading:

“Ok, I see that right now you have something on your
mind...you have taken a bold step forward. You
believed you had it all sorted out, yet when you
started taking these big steps, you found yourself
changing tack a little too much and gone over the
same thoughts too many times. Though you haven't
progressed as far as you originally thought – no harm
has been done. You've really made a tiny bit of
progress, but it just wasn't as easy and as
straightforward as you first thought. I am reminded of
the phrase 'The best laid plans of mice and men...'.”

the readings themselves can be short and snappy, or full blown explorations...and as I said before, when I use the tarot, I combine AEIOU and Thought-Paths in with it...
I've asked to be banned
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I've just sat down and read through this wonderful work. I truly love this. Iain has explored so many differnt ways to apply 'logical' attributes to each number 0 - 9. This book contains visual, emotional and personal relationships with the numbers. There so many other ideas crammed in there too. This was a joy to read. I felt excitement at the prospect of using many of these associations in my Tarot reading. Combining 'AEIOU' and 'Thought-Paths' in my readings will give them incredible deapth. I think 'Thought Paths' is (dare I say it) magical.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Truth be told, I do very little mentalism, properly called, anymore. Most of my energy is devoted to readings in general and card reading in particular. I've been using the Though Paths system in my professional readings for a few weeks, and would like to address why any reader should buy this.

Readings are more than exercises in interpretation. In my own writings I've emphasized the narrative task of card reading, finding the story in the cards, but that is only half of the reader's task. Ideally the interpretive act becomes an oracular or prophetic act when the symbolism is no longer simply triggering a this=this correspondence, but is triggering visions, lateral non-thinking (not cognitive processes but unfiltered free association) induced insights, subconscious driven awareness that goes beyond the symbolism of the cards.
These are not, in my opinion, supernatural, but are the result of things known by your subconscious being communicated to the conscious mind. Millard Longman notes that there is no effective difference between psychic powers and a vivid imagination. The cards trigger these visions, these flights of imaginitive fancy, that reveal genuine insight to the reader. Thought paths is extremely effective at triggering these "visions" because they are pictures rather than abstract symbols. As a way to bump your skills as a reader, Thought Paths is one of the best products I've come across recently.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Thanks fellas...

I am genuinely touched that you're using this, especially as you are all experienced and workers too...

for me, its so good to truly just trust your own mind, let the imagination go, and still have AEIOU and Thought-Paths as the backbone to it all...and adding it in to mentalism (for me) just makes the whole experience far more 'real' (which is objective at the best of times) and organic...if you're a mind-reader or however you describe yourself, all this info could potentially leak into your mind...

its not about being able to see into the future if you don't want it to be, its about sharing an insight into what they are currently experiencing...you don't give advice if you don't want to, you don't do anything other than entertain if that's your bag...all I know is, these two little systems have really worked for me (and others) and mix in with so many other thing...

cartomancy, magic squares, PINs and padlocks, tarot, all kinds of things.. I like learning stuff that is adaptable...
I've asked to be banned
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2011-09-24 04:42, JohnWells wrote:
Truth be told, I do very little mentalism, properly called, anymore. Most of my energy is devoted to readings in general and card reading in particular. I've been using the Though Paths system in my professional readings for a few weeks, and would like to address why any reader should buy this.

Readings are more than exercises in interpretation. In my own writings I've emphasized the narrative task of card reading, finding the story in the cards, but that is only half of the reader's task. Ideally the interpretive act becomes an oracular or prophetic act when the symbolism is no longer simply triggering a this=this correspondence, but is triggering visions, lateral non-thinking (not cognitive processes but unfiltered free association) induced insights, subconscious driven awareness that goes beyond the symbolism of the cards.
These are not, in my opinion, supernatural, but are the result of things known by your subconscious being communicated to the conscious mind. Millard Longman notes that there is no effective difference between psychic powers and a vivid imagination. The cards trigger these visions, these flights of imaginitive fancy, that reveal genuine insight to the reader. Thought paths is extremely effective at triggering these "visions" because they are pictures rather than abstract symbols. As a way to bump your skills as a reader, Thought Paths is one of the best products I've come across recently.

I totally agree with this. It's only in the last year or so that I've had the balls to completely go with my instinct and let my subconscious speak. So often I'd have a thought and not express it, only to have the sitter tell me it. I'd sit there and think darn! I knew that, if only I had gone with it and said it. Thought Paths will help stimulate the imagination and encourage the subconscious to come through. And when it does OMG you can have some seriously awesome readings.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
That is so true Derek, People underestimate the power of instinct and intuition!
As you have found by not saying something that enters your thought process then having someone talk about it after is so really flipping annoying.
Just go with that gut reaction and be surprised and amazed at the hits and let the misses float back into the ether.

Regards
Dr Rob.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Had a few emails asking when/if an ebook will be released...the answer is, in the new year (if there's continued interest that is)...

cheers...
I've asked to be banned
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
To my shame I must admit to only recently getting acquainted with Iain's work.

I was impressed enough with AEIOU to order Thought Paths.
It's praises have already been sung here but I wanted to add my voice to those who had the good sense to get this before I did.

Easy to understand, but wide-ranging in it's application opportunities.
Infinitely customisable to each performer's style.

This one is a winner, all the way.

Steve
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
No shame needed Steve!

thank you for the kind words - glad you liked them both...

easy to remember, use and adaptable to all kinds of mentalism presentations and readings...

I use AEIOU, thought-paths and tarot together at times...
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Thought-paths (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL